Frequency of washing

Companions of all kinds - furry, feathered, fishy and more!

Frequency of washing

Postby Thoul » Mon Jan 5, '09, 7:17 pm

Do you give your pet a bath often? If you do, is there anything special you do to make them more at ease with it?

Our cats are pretty clean, so we let them groom and wash themselves for the most part. I've yet to meet a cat that stays near a sink or tub with water if there's any chance of getting wet. :lol:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Frequency of washing

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Jan 5, '09, 8:31 pm

Thoul wrote:Our cats are pretty clean, so we let them groom and wash themselves for the most part. I've yet to meet a cat that stays near a sink or tub with water if there's any chance of getting wet. :lol:

Exactly. I think the only time we tried giving our cats a real bath was several years back, when they SOMEHOW got a horrible flea problem (don't know how, they're indoor cats.) It was tough, but thankfully, it did solve the flea problem. But never try to a give a cat a bath unless you have no choice.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jan 8, '09, 9:08 pm

I used to give my cats a bath or shampoo when they were younger. They did not like it at all, to put it lightly. That's why I stopped. It was more me getting soaked than them. Now, mind you, some of them really seemed to like it, atleast afterward, but more often than not, they didn't. Cats clean themselves, so I let them do it.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby snowdragon » Sun Jan 11, '09, 1:19 am

only sometimes with a flea shampoo.
A Knight is sworn to valor,
his heart knows only virtue,
his blade defends the helpless,
his might upholds the weak,
his word speaks only truth,
his wrath undoes the wicked