Fortune Cookies

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Fortune Cookies

Postby Thoul » Fri Jan 25, '08, 3:47 am

When you get a fortune cookie, what do you think is the best part: reading the fortune or eating the cookie? What's the best or strangest fortune you've ever received with a cookie?

I've never been able to figure out how they cook or bake those cookies without burning the paper the fortune is written on.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Jan 25, '08, 9:30 am

The fortune, the cookie is rather icky. Uuuh, I think it had something to do with how I'm going to recieve money problems within the next week of reading it. Of course I didn't but, I got a couple that said that.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Fri Jan 25, '08, 9:49 am

I never eat the cookie. I always throw it away and just read the message. :lol: I can't say that any past fortunes come to mind, though...
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jan 25, '08, 10:00 pm

Reading the fortune is the best part. Isn't that why the cookies were invented in the first place? :D I can't remember any fortunes and don't remember if they came true or not.

As far as having the paper in the cookie, maybe it doesn't take that long to cook so it's done before the paper can catch fire, or maybe it's unflammable paper (kinda like clothes, etc.). :yaknow:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Snorb » Mon Jan 28, '08, 11:49 pm

The cookie's the best part- so crunchy and tasty with its... random... flavored goodness that eludes me. Don't know how they get the fortune in there- maybe there's a machine that slips it into the already-baked cookie?

Best fortune? I kid you not, "A good way to stay healthy is to eat more Chinese food."
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Celeith » Tue Feb 5, '08, 12:27 am

I got the coolest fortune the last time I got some cookies. My fortune read, "You will one day make your name known around the world" probably the neatest fortune i've ever gotten. the crappiest one i got was "Eat healthy, live healthy." I was like.. wth what kinda fortune is that >_<
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby snowdragon » Tue Feb 5, '08, 1:02 am

i never had one.
A Knight is sworn to valor,
his heart knows only virtue,
his blade defends the helpless,
his might upholds the weak,
his word speaks only truth,
his wrath undoes the wicked

(The Old Code - Dragonheart )
snowdragon
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 130

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Feb 5, '08, 11:04 pm

My older brother got one that said "the best things in life come in the smallest packages." So after getting it my aunt played a trick on him and gave him a GIANT box, and inside was another box, and another and on and on until it was itty bitty.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Return to Delectable Delicacies