PSIV Strategy Guide: Can someone check/scan this?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

PSIV Strategy Guide: Can someone check/scan this?

Postby PSP » Mon Sep 28, '09, 11:54 pm

I was told, quite a few times, that the PSIV Strategy Guide released in the US had a segment where one of the members of the translating team owned up to the whole Noah/Lutz fiasco and stated it was just a mistake. Can someone verify this is the case and, if so, scan the pertinent section(s)? Thanks!

-Corey
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Re: PSIV Strategy Guide: Can someone check/scan this?

Postby ThugsRook » Mon Sep 28, '09, 11:59 pm

i never thought theyd ever own up to it :lol:

anyways,
Noah = Lutz in the same way Rune = Lutz

8)
ThugsRook
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 15

Postby Thoul » Tue Sep 29, '09, 12:31 am

Now that sounds interesting! I wish I had to guide to check. I've never been able to find it for a reasonable price, sadly.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Darkil » Tue Sep 29, '09, 6:16 pm

Unless there is more than one version, I have the Strategy Guide at home. I don't recall reading that but I imagine it's in there somewhere. I'll have a look see when I get home and post my findings
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Darkil » Sat Oct 3, '09, 1:38 am

Well I looked at my Official Strategy Guide [it has the box cover art on the front page of the guide] and the only thing I saw remotely related to what you're looking for is this : The writer(s) mention that the reason that Noah and Lutz are referenced as the same person was either due to 2000 years of Algo translation or the fact that the game originated in Japan and then translated for America[paraphrasing this of course]. I'm not sure if this supports your theory and I'm uncertain if there were any other guides out there but this is as close as I could find
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby PSP » Tue Oct 6, '09, 11:38 pm

Darkil wrote:Well I looked at my Official Strategy Guide [it has the box cover art on the front page of the guide] and the only thing I saw remotely related to what you're looking for is this : The writer(s) mention that the reason that Noah and Lutz are referenced as the same person was either due to 2000 years of Algo translation or the fact that the game originated in Japan and then translated for America[paraphrasing this of course]. I'm not sure if this supports your theory and I'm uncertain if there were any other guides out there but this is as close as I could find

Can you scan the relevant page? Thanks!
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Return to Phantasy Star IV