Aridia 1.2 Beta

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Aridia 1.2 Beta

Postby hugues » Sat Jun 7, '08, 5:27 am

I posted a beta release of Aridia 1.2 here:
http://www.huguesjohnson.com/aridia/

This features a rough draft of palette editing and a lock-down of the item editing feature. Due to a bug in the game, items can now be edited but not added. Well, I guess I can't call it a "bug" in the game since the original developers could never have expected it. Anyway, it turns out changing the item count in the ROM causes other statistics to be modified at runtime when the character is loaded.

I usually don't release untested betas like this but made an exception since it will take a while to finish the palette editing... by "finish" I mean "identify all the palettes".

Feedback and bug reports are always welcome :)
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Tsunami » Sat Jul 5, '08, 5:41 am

Aridia is simply amazing! Hopefully every aspect is editable (here's to hoping, anyways :D). I keep checking back here to see if there's any progress made and download the updates when available. For some reason, I never find the time to actually tinker with it...or I just don't think too much about it.

Perhaps the next time I play through PSIII, I'll give the editor another go to see how much I can change. ^_^

And...I know I mentioned it before, but I've been looking forward to the possibility of editing the gems. :mrgreen: Don't mean to be a bother or anything, but is that still being planned for a future update?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby hugues » Sat Jul 5, '08, 5:02 pm

Tsunami wrote:Aridia is simply amazing! Hopefully every aspect is editable (here's to hoping, anyways :D).

Thanks :) That's my goal, although it'll take a while. The biggest thing I'd still like to add is map editing. I managed to figure out where the overworld map data is stored, deciphering how it's stored probably won't be easy. In the short-term, I plan to add (working) technique editing to the 1.3 release.

Tsunami wrote:And...I know I mentioned it before, but I've been looking forward to the possibility of editing the gems. :mrgreen: Don't mean to be a bother or anything, but is that still being planned for a future update?

I added the gems to the weapons & armor screen in version 1.1. However, they never modify any statistics when they're equipped :irked: so I took them off before releasing the final version. It looks like they're not treated the same as the other equippable items.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More