For Mr Kite. ^^

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

For Mr Kite. ^^

For Mr Kite. ^^

View Gallery Page

For Mr Kite. ^^

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun Jul 25, '10, 4:00 pm

As promised, here is your Alys fan-art fan-art, Mr Kite. I hope it's to your liking and I hope Thoul doesn't mind. >< I'll send you the hi-res version via a PM, since the file size is over 300kb in size, which is the Gallery's image limit size.Plus, the image above is jpeg, low-quality. I'm sure you'd want the better png file image. :D
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Re: For Mr Kite. ^^

Postby H-Man » Sun Jul 25, '10, 5:05 pm

I like it. She's sexy, although in contrast to meteor's Rika drawing, she doesn't come across as actively trying to seduce the (presumably) male viewer. And that may simply be a difference in the personalities of the two women. It's a nice contrast.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun Jul 25, '10, 9:29 pm

It's probably due to the fact that she also has a natural confidence about her, to say nothing of that cool look in those blue eyes. ^^ Her appeal is never forced, and I never portray her in that way, because I know she's a natural beauty. So Al really doesn't have to try too hard. ^^ Though meteor's drawing is good, I still think the pose doesn't suit Rika... OOC (out of character).
Even though she is older in there. :D So it's excused.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby H-Man » Mon Jul 26, '10, 12:42 pm

I know what you mean. I do agree that the Rika drawing is a bit out of character, if it be the young Rika that we play in the game. She's a bit too "innocent" to play the seductress (be it with Chaz or not). But yeah, I also agree with what you said about Alis and how she carries herself. She's very much like Chun Li and Michelle Yeoh in that regard: all are beautiful, sexy women whose confident, no-nonsense, [butt]-kicking attitude makes them far more attractive than any suggestive pose could ever make them.
Last edited by H-Man on Mon Jul 26, '10, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Aeroprism » Mon Jul 26, '10, 2:24 pm

It really hurts my masculine ego to realize she has better abs than I do.

Very nice piece of work Lyla!
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Jul 26, '10, 2:51 pm

Well, she is younger than you, so don't feel too bad. ^^ And she's been a Hunter for at least 12 years. Keeping fit is a must in this business. And H-Man, I agree with you 100% there on the personality aspect. It's also one of the main reasons Alys is still my favourite video game character of all time. She's a great role model for women.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Aeroprism » Mon Jul 26, '10, 3:21 pm

Well that depends on your point of view. As a man, I would be completely turned off by a woman with her attitude. A woman with that much of a temper would probably become good friends with me, providing we happen to hate the same things, otherwise the fights would be epic in proportions.

I by far prefer a woman like Amy Sage. Cute, shy, private and feminine. That's my type of woman. Or if you want a PS4 equivalent: Hanh's fiancée.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Jul 26, '10, 3:29 pm

Yep, it's a personality thing. Alys screams of being an Arian to me: Hot-headed, confident, always ready to tackle a challenge and takes orders from no-one. Oh yeah, and they love a physical challenge as well. And the Aries personality type is one of the least compatible in the zodiac... >< Then again, there could be more to her than meets the eye. It could be a facade as well...

Sorry about the astrology thing. It's always nice to guess which star signs the PS4 characters have, since they have no official birthdays. :(
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Aeroprism » Mon Jul 26, '10, 3:44 pm

I do not believe in the day to day horoscope but the general star-chart that you can extrapolate from your birth time and location is usually very accurate. Mine is at the very least. General rules about zodiac signs tend to be accurate as well. Like Aries being hot headed and all.

Oh and I am Aries. Big time ;-)
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Jul 26, '10, 3:53 pm

Aeroprism wrote:I do not believe in the day to day horoscope but the general star-chart that you can extrapolate from your birth time and location is usually very accurate. Mine is at the very least. General rules about zodiac signs tend to be accurate as well. Like Aries being hot headed and all.

Oh and I am Aries. Big time ;-)

Neither do I, but yes, the personality traits are very accurate. I'm a Sagittarius, the free-spirit and the 'sage' of the zodiac signs. So, you're an Aries? Do you share any traits with Al? ^^ Other than being hot-headed (probably the most notable trait of an Arian...)

But hey, this is a fan-art thread, not an astrology thread. Tanith already started something like that. :D
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Next

Return to Artwork