Food!

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Food!

Postby Zafneir » Fri Mar 30, '07, 6:32 am

Very few can deny the fact that good food is awesome, and we all have our favorite recipes, dishes and snacks. Personally, my favorite food for the moment is home-made beef stew, with the beef slow cooked till tender. Another meal I like is rib-eye cooked just enough to where the connective tissues melt into your mouth.

As far as cooking goes, green bell pepper, garlic and white or yellow onions end up in my dishes. I also like sun-dried tomatoes for color from time to time.

So what are your favorite meals?
Zafneir
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 12

Re: Food!

Postby Neithird » Fri Mar 30, '07, 1:25 pm

Sounds yummy! :D My favorite is pan fried chicken. I don't do much cooking these days. It seems like I never have the time needed to spend on preparing a good meal.
Last edited by Neithird on Fri Mar 30, '07, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 30, '07, 8:52 pm

I like a good cube steak. There are some seasonings used in it I believe, but I don't know what they are offhand. I'm not a very good cook so I don't do much that myself. :lol:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Mar 30, '07, 8:55 pm

Yummy! I love this food topic! These posts have made me hungry just reading them so far! :lol:

Zafneir, that beef stew you spoke of sounds absolutely scumptious! I love a good beef stew with tender meat, lots of potatotes and carrots, etc. Very filling and a hearty meal. I'm with you on the garlic and onions. They add a great taste and flavor to many dishes.

I also love a good vegetable soup with lots of potatoes, tomatoes, and other veggies, but it's been while since I've made any. It really warms you up on a chilly day. A good pot of chili is another warm meal on a cold day too.

Neithird, I'm with you on the chicken. There's nothing like it. It's great fried, but I also love it baked or barbecued too.

I also love a nice cubed steak dinner, but other family members have better luck with this dish than I do. :oops:

I love vegetables and it's almost time for garden planting time. Is anyone else planning a garden this year? We don't plant much - just a few tomatoes, okra, squash, etc. Nothing like having some good fresh, fried green tomatoes for a meal!

Some of my other favorite foods or dishes include roast Turkey, along with some dressing, sweet potato souffle, green beans, cranberry sauce, etc. Heavenly!!!!!! :clap:

Always love spaghetti and pizza too, but I think I'll stop now as I'm getting even hungrier, and we haven't even talked about desserts yet. :wink:
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Zafneir » Sun Apr 1, '07, 8:06 am

I don't really have a garden, but if I find an apartment that has a viable amount of sunlight, I might invest in a micro garden and just plant herbs.

One thing I plan on researching in the near future is a recipe for amarretto brownies. Amarretto just sounds like it'd be a good base flavor for brownies.
Drum Solo of Life!
Zafneir
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Apr 2, '07, 12:15 am

I haven't tried any amaretto brownies, but it sounds yummy! Let us know how yours turn out if you try them. Brownies are goooood! :yes: I like nuts in my brownies, preferably walnuts. They're good without nuts too, though.

A small garden with herbs sounds nice, especially if you use a lot of herbs in cooking, etc. It is amazing the things you can grow in pots too if you don't have an outside garden space. Tomatoes and other veggies do well in pots, I've heard.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Apr 17, '07, 4:12 am

Just wondering what everyone's favorite snack food is? What do you like to nibble on between meals? Potato chips, candy, cookies, or something else? :cake:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Zafneir » Tue Apr 17, '07, 6:52 am

I like chicken pot pies and beef stew. Odd snacks, I know, but they're so good.
Drum Solo of Life!
Zafneir
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Postby Thoul » Tue Apr 17, '07, 6:08 pm

I usually go with some rolls. I just like something quick that doesn't take any time to prepare.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Apr 20, '07, 6:06 pm

Okay, while some of us may still be thinking of those favorite snacks to post about, here's another question for everyone:

What is your favorite drink? It can be a soft drink or any kind of drink(s).

I'll answer first. My favorite drink is Tea (sometimes with lemon, mostly not), and my favorite soft drink is Dr. Pepper.

Silver_Surfer1

Next

Return to Delectable Delicacies