Flynn's tale - Good memories can save your life. • Phantasy Star: Fringes of Algo

Flynn's tale - Good memories can save your life.

Stories set in a fan created roleplay universe inspired by Phantasy Star II, End of the Age.

Re: Flynn's tale - Good memories can save your life.

Postby Xander » Mon Sep 20, '10, 2:16 pm

A thumping at the door snapped him out of his reverie and he was back in the prison storeroom. The Bio-Monsters had found him at last and were bashing the door in. It wouldn’t be long now.
Flynn then became aware of a warm feeling in his hand and looked to see the crystal was glowing faintly in his hand. A strange feeling of warmth crept into his heart and he thought he could hear Claire’s voice somewhere. He felt a tear run down his cheek. It had been so long ago. He felt his resolve returning and a feeling as of new strength filling his mind and body. He had fallen a long way since those days long ago but there was no way he was going to allow himself to die in such a horrible place.
He placed his left hand over his wound and concentrated, driving all his focus into that hand as he attempted to cast Res and heal his wound. Claire might not have been in the room with him, but he could feel her near to him all the same and, damn it, he was going to do her proud! He opened his eyes and could see it was working. He was casting Res and his wound was beginning to close. The banging at the door had risen to a new high and the muffled roaring was terrible to hear. But now he had all he needed to survive and make it out of this place. He was sure of it.
The wound was fully healed and he hauled himself to his feet and he picked his shotgun off the floor and adjusted his battered armour. He stood in front of the door and watched as it began to buckle under the assault from outside. He took the crystal from his pocket and noticed it had stopped glowing. There was no time left for questions now. He returned it to his pocket and levelled his gaze at the door.

“Claire, wherever in Algo you are, I will find you.” He bared his teeth as the door began to cave in under the blows landing upon it. “I will find you.”
Finally it gave way, dropped to the floor with a loud clatter and Flynn could see the first Bio-Monster silhouetted in the doorway. It growled at him menacingly, like a predator toying with cornered prey.
“Enough! If you want me…” He readied his shotgun “COME AND GET ME!!”
It screeched a terrifying reply and stormed into the room.

Flynn raised his weapon and opened fire.
Xander
Reviews

Previous

Return to End of the Age