Flying Saucer House

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Flying Saucer House

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Mar 18, '08, 7:41 pm

Would you live in a house shaped like a flying saucer? Well, a house like this went on the auction block recently and it sold. Here's the story:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/homestyl ... index.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23679091/?GT1=43001

Personally, I think it would be neat to live in a place like this. I'd probably get tired of it after awhile though. I'll bet it wouldn't have enough closets and space for all my junk, lol.
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Mar 19, '08, 4:06 am

How do you get in there? I see no ladder of any sort. And where do you park your car? Outside isn't very safe...
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Mar 19, '08, 3:51 pm

I don't know Sparky. I would assume that perhaps there was a door which opened and had steps which led down to the ground or something. As far as the garage for the car, I don't see one. I think this house was built several years ago when people really didn't use car garages all that much. Funny story in the article about the wife trapping her husband in the house, lol. Although, that could really turn out bad too. :yaknow:
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Lemina » Wed Mar 19, '08, 11:03 pm

That's a cute house~ Although it looks like it would be a little on the small side.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 20, '08, 3:01 am

What a strange looking house. Being so old, it was probably considered pretty big when it was built. I bet it has a nice view, being so far off the ground like that.

I don't think I would want to live in it, though. Being locked in by anyone outside with a car sounds really inconvenient. I'll take my house with a back door, thanks.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Casual Conversation