Happy Anniversary! And the 2013 Muskies go to...

Site and forum news announced on the front page.

Happy Anniversary! And the 2013 Muskies go to...

Postby Thoul » Tue Apr 2, '13, 12:14 am

Happy 16th anniversary, Fringes of Algo! It is now time to celebrate with the announcement of the winners for the 2013 Muskies Awards! :happy_marle: We had a great turn out for the awards once again this year. A big thanks goes out to everyone who participated; you make these awards possible and that's why the reflect the community. The results have been tabulated, so without further ado, let's get to the list of winners!

Your first place 2013 Muskies Winners are:
  • Best Multiple Chapter Fan Fiction: (Tie) Accepting Fate: Artificial Heartbeat by Lucas and Ripple Effect by Snorb
  • Best Single Chapter Fan Fiction: Walking Together Into Eternity by tilinelson2
  • Best Original Writing: (Tie) Expectations by augmentedfourth and No Experience Necessary by Snorb
  • Best Fan Artwork: (Tie) Lassic, the Triumphant by Bragatyr and Sisters by Lucas
  • Best Original Artwork: Young and hurt (Autumn) by Lucas
  • Best Artist: Wolf Bird
  • Best Writer: augmentedfourth
  • Best Original Character: Autumn Erra by Lucas
  • Best Other Fan Work: A love song for Gwyn - Remix by Aeroprism by Aeroprism
  • Best Forum Game: ABC's Of Video Games game Part 4
  • Best Introduction Topic: Hello!! by jessie
  • Best Avatar: (Tie) Flames of Yagami, Prince Noah, and Wing Eye
  • Best Signature: Tanith
  • Most Successful Discussion: Getting to Know You... 2013
  • Most Enthusiastic Fringer: Wing Eye
  • Fringer of Excellence: tilinelson2
  • Best Achievement Hunter: Silver_Surfer1
  • Most Active Quiz Taker: (Tie) rotschleim and R-90-2
  • Prominent Poster: myau56
  • Top Conversation Starter: Silver_Surfer1
  • Staff Member of the Year: Silver_Surfer1

There were many ties for second and third place this year, so a lot of people received awards not listed above. The full list of winners, including second and third places, can be viewed at Muskies Winners for 2013. The Muskies Awards section has been updated with a new page that describes the award categories, as well as separate pages for list the winners of each year.

I will be sending PMs to all award winners to present them with special banners created in recognition of their achievements tomorrow. I would usually do this today, but I'm pretty tired after compiling these results and making the banners after the last 36 hours without sleep. Please wear them ploudly! :laugh_lucca:

Congratulations to all winners! :D If you did not win, you have my condolences. Don't fret, though. There's always next year's Muskies! Remember that several categories considered all previous activity because they were newly added this year; that won't be the case when those categories return next year.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Happy Anniversary! And the 2013 Muskies go to...

Postby Bragatyr » Tue Apr 2, '13, 4:55 am

Awesome! I've been checking Fringes all day in excitement, ha ha. Congratulations to everybody, and thank you so much for the Muskies. I think it's quite cool that Lucas and I tied in the Best Fan Artwork category, and with our favorite characters, no less, so hats off to you, Lucas, and much respect for all your work as an artist. Hats off to everyone, in fact.

And thank you again, Thoul, for this great website, and these most excellent awards.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Tue Apr 2, '13, 1:11 pm

I've been checking it all day in excitement too ! Congratulations to all the winners and all the people who havze won an award and to all the "contestants" :)
And greetings to Thoul and all the people who are on the site :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Apr 5, '13, 6:31 am

Congratulations everyone! Good luck next year! Happy anniversary Fringes of Algo!
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Sun Apr 7, '13, 4:40 am

Thanks, everyone. :)

Award banners have now been sent to all the winners by private message. My apologies to everyone for taking so long to get that done. If anyone didn't receive their banners, please let me know so I can double check it or resend.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Apr 7, '13, 3:10 pm

Got mine! But I have a question...are the image file sizes larger than before? I could only get three into my signature (I want to keep my last.fm banner), and anymore triggered the 'total filesize of images used is too large' error. I was able to get most of my 2012 muskies in my signature with the last.fm banner.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sun Apr 7, '13, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Sun Apr 7, '13, 9:25 pm

Got mine too ! :) I'll try to put them tomorrow :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Thoul » Sun Apr 7, '13, 11:49 pm

Yes, these images were larger. Apparently I forgot to run them through one of the algorithms to reduce the file sizes. I've done that now and reuploaded them, so they are around the same size as last year's now.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MrKite » Wed Apr 10, '13, 4:08 pm

16th? Wow! Congratulations!
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Return to Site Announcements