Financial News

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Financial News

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Dec 14, '07, 4:44 am

Anyone here interested in Financial News, etc. I watch Fox News Channels Neil Cavuto sometimes and his guest today was the owner of Fox News, Rupert Murdock, who has just bought The Dow Jones / Wall St. Journal, I think is what they were discussing among other things. It was an interesting conversation.

They talked about how important The Wall Street Journal is as a newspaper, and they also talked about how many people no longer read the paper printed Newspapers but rather read Newspapers online, etc. The possibility that paper Newspapers may someday fade away does not seem all that unreal in this day of computers and heavy online use, etc. What do you think, will paper Newspapers one day become obsolete?
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Neithird » Fri Dec 14, '07, 7:04 pm

Newspapers might be obsolete in like fifty years or something. There's still several generations of people who are used to getting news from papers rather than TV or the internet. I don't think it will happen very soon, but maybe one day. Most newspapers don't even have decent websites yet.

I don't listen to financial news. It's all Greek to me.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Rudo » Fri Dec 14, '07, 9:12 pm

I could use some help with finances especially after all the dough I have shelled out for Christmas this year, lol. I will even read the newspaper if that will help.

:rofl:
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Dec 14, '07, 10:43 pm

I hope that the newspaper won't become obsolete, its an excellent service, gets people to move around, plus you can take it anywhere, and its recyclable, plus, not everone gets the internet. Everyone, *who applies* gets a paper.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Re: Financial News

Postby Thoul » Sat Dec 15, '07, 2:56 am

Secret_Surfer wrote:I watch Fox News Channels Neil Cavuto

Is he still on there? I was hoping when they announced the new Fox business channel that all of those boring financial shows on the weekends would move there and the regular channel might have something interesting for a change. Oh well.

Anyway, I think newspapers will never go away. The internet is a great source for world news, but not for local news. Some people just prefer to have a paper to read anyway.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Casual Conversation