Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Financial News
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, '07, 4:44 am 
Anyone here interested in Financial News, etc. I watch Fox News Channels Neil Cavuto sometimes and his guest today was the owner of Fox News, Rupert Murdock, who has just bought The Dow Jones / Wall St. Journal, I think is what they were discussing among other things. It was an interesting conversation.

They talked about how important The Wall Street Journal is as a newspaper, and they also talked about how many people no longer read the paper printed Newspapers but rather read Newspapers online, etc. The possibility that paper Newspapers may someday fade away does not seem all that unreal in this day of computers and heavy online use, etc. What do you think, will paper Newspapers one day become obsolete?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, '07, 7:04 pm 
Newspapers might be obsolete in like fifty years or something. There's still several generations of people who are used to getting news from papers rather than TV or the internet. I don't think it will happen very soon, but maybe one day. Most newspapers don't even have decent websites yet.

I don't listen to financial news. It's all Greek to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, '07, 9:12 pm 
I could use some help with finances especially after all the dough I have shelled out for Christmas this year, lol. I will even read the newspaper if that will help.

:rofl:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, '07, 10:43 pm 
I hope that the newspaper won't become obsolete, its an excellent service, gets people to move around, plus you can take it anywhere, and its recyclable, plus, not everone gets the internet. Everyone, *who applies* gets a paper.

Post subject: Re: Financial News
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, '07, 2:56 am 
Secret_Surfer wrote:I watch Fox News Channels Neil Cavuto

Is he still on there? I was hoping when they announced the new Fox business channel that all of those boring financial shows on the weekends would move there and the regular channel might have something interesting for a change. Oh well.

Anyway, I think newspapers will never go away. The internet is a great source for world news, but not for local news. Some people just prefer to have a paper to read anyway.

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]