Finally Started Playing My Nintendo Wii

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: Finally Started Playing My Nintendo Wii

Postby S4Blade » Sun Jan 5, '14, 6:51 pm

Henry is tough at first because you can't dodge his sword combo attack too quick, or you will get hit. You have to make yourself sit there, take the hits, and then dodge the last one and counterattack. It takes some timing, but once you get used to it he's not so bad.

So is the open world completely removed from No More Heroes 2? I read somewhere that you get to play as Shinobu. That's pretty cool.

As for the games. All of the games that require you to point at the screen to shoot just felt too imprecise for me. The FPS games in particular felt really bad. I'm used to keyboard and mouse controls for most of my FPS games, so using the Wii remote just didn't feel right to me.

I couldn't really get into Madworld, it just felt like it was trying way too hard with the gore and finishers, and the controls were kind of all over the place.

I tried messing around with the JRGs: Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, and The Last Story, but I can't stand JRGs these days, and these games didn't change that.

Muramasa reminded me that I really don't like VanillaWare games. It was like Odin Sphere all over again, no thanks.
Last edited by S4Blade on Sun Jan 5, '14, 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Jan 5, '14, 7:14 pm

The open world is completely removed. It's replaced by a map-based transit system. While it does remove a feature, sure, it removes a feature that really wasn't needed in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, it's an improvement. You do get to play as Shinobu for some of the second game.

That's too bad about the other games, though. I really liked Madworld for some things…certainly good for stress relief. :-p But yeah, it certainly has its fair share of flaws, and to be fair, I got it super cheap, so I was pretty willing to overlook a lot of problems when I played it.

I have to agree with you on JRGs…it's rare I can get into a modern one. Love older ones, though.

I had been considering picking up Muramasa though…what exactly turned you off from it, if you don't mind me asking?
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby S4Blade » Sun Jan 5, '14, 9:02 pm

I don't think Muramasa is a bad game, it just reminds me too much of Odin Sphere, and I hated that game. The whole go from one room to the next just got really boring after a while, and while I can appreciate the fluid and well done animations, it just seems sluggish to me as an action game. I wouldn't write it off or anything, you may enjoy it, it's just not to my liking. I'm pretty picky about the games I play these days. I used to play anything, but I don't anymore. I'm quick to write games off.
Last edited by S4Blade on Sun Jan 5, '14, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Previous

Return to General Gaming