Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, '08, 8:27 pm 
Alright, I finally finished something I put off for years - creating overworld maps for PSIII.
http://ps3.huguesjohnson.com/maps.html

About 1/3 of the way into it I realized why I avoided them for so long, it was a really boring effort. The domes with huge expanses of nothing (Aridia, Aquatica) have some minor errors that hopefully no one will notice. Otherwise they look pretty decent.

Enjoy.


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, '08, 10:41 pm 
Sweet, I was just thinking about starting this and you've already finished it. :lol: Really nice work on these maps. The huge empty spaces are really the hardest parts to make accurate maps of, I know.

I always thought the domes were a bit more round than this, but it's really hard to tell in the game because such a small amount is on screen at a time.


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, '08, 11:57 pm 
Very nice! :clap: Must've taken awhile to do all these, though I am curious... How did you complete the world under Aridia when you can't see much of the surrounding land around that "cross" area where you first enter?


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, '08, 10:10 pm 
Thoul wrote:Sweet, I was just thinking about starting this and you've already finished it. :lol: Really nice work on these maps. The huge empty spaces are really the hardest parts to make accurate maps of, I know.

Thanks! Feel free to use them here too. They took about 1-2 hours each (OK, the first took 2-3 hours and the later ones ~1). After the first 2 or 3 I started using a pattern fill much more liberally. On the Landen and Elysium maps the water all looks the same but not on the later ones, way too time consuming to fix that.

Thoul wrote: I always thought the domes were a bit more round than this, but it's really hard to tell in the game because such a small amount is on screen at a time.

Yeah I figured they were shaped like the thumbnail images you get from using the monitor. They're all really oval shaped though.

Tsunami wrote:How did you complete the world under Aridia when you can't see much of the surrounding land around that "cross" area where you first enter?

I made it up :wink: I figured it was also oval shaped and the plus-shaped section was the center. I made the hidden half follow roughly the same pattern as the far right half of Aquatica. I suppose I could have just hacked the save state to move the party over there now that I think of it.


Top
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: