Firefly returns

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Firefly returns

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Feb 17, '11, 9:15 pm

The tv show "Firefly" is being shown again on tv. Actor Nathan Fillion, star of the show, who is now on the tv show "Castle" also talks about "Firefly" in this article/interview:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/17/firefly-returns/

I never really watched this show much in it's first go round on tv but I do remember it had a giant fan following who did all they could to try and keep it on the air.

Any "Firefly" fans here??

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Firefly returns

Postby xellos667 » Thu Feb 17, '11, 9:27 pm

I've only watched the Serenity movie, and learned about the whole "Firefly" scandal with Fox afterward. The movie was "ok", but I'm guessing that if the series have so much cult following, it must be really awesome.
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Re: Firefly returns

Postby Thoul » Sun Feb 20, '11, 12:07 am

I doubt Firefly will ever get any new episodes unless it has some independent funding. From what I've heard, the movie performed poorly. There is a lot of fan support, but not enough to sustain the ratings a series needs to be considered successful.

Firefly is a neat concept with some interesting characters, but the story wasn't able to keep me hooked. It was all over the place - one episode is an old west style shoot out, another is a raid on a high tech hospital, another is adventures in space. It felt like the show was trying too hard to find an identity and failing in the process.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Tubular Television