Final Fanatsy VI Advance was awesome

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Postby hugues » Wed Feb 4, '09, 11:23 pm

I bought this on clearance recently from a fye store that was dumping all their GBA games for 50% off. I've been saving it for my next business trip which is either the end of this month or next. I'm now really anxious to start, I hope I have the will power to wait :)
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby LordShibas » Thu Feb 5, '09, 12:05 am

Who you take into the final battle with Kefka is almost irrelevant, as long as everyone has Ultima. I just spam Ultima with everyone until he dies. My characters were all over level 70, so it was a pretty easy fight. As for the party I had, I chose Terra, Strago, Cyan, and Locke. Didn't even die once, I killed all iterations of Kefka with these 4 characters.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Celeith » Thu Feb 5, '09, 2:10 am

LordShibas wrote:Who you take into the final battle with Kefka is almost irrelevant, as long as everyone has Ultima. I just spam Ultima with everyone until he dies. My characters were all over level 70, so it was a pretty easy fight. As for the party I had, I chose Terra, Strago, Cyan, and Locke. Didn't even die once, I killed all iterations of Kefka with these 4 characters.

Yea the final battle with Kefka is easy with Ultima, and if you're a completionist like me you like to have everything, whether it be items, equips, or magic. Although since this game offers what is called a Continue+, I perfer to not get Ultima and all that until after I beat Kefka. Using the Offering / Master Scroll Genji Glove combo will make the game extremely easy. But I don't use that either, give Locke his Valiant Knife, get down to low HP, hell just get down about 2000 hp and you'll be seeing him throwing 9999's while everyone stands in awe.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby LordShibas » Thu Feb 5, '09, 8:38 pm

Haha, yeah I used to Genji Glove/ Master Scroll combo on Sabin, it makes him a walking fortress. It pretty much makes his Blitzes irrelevant.

FF VI is a completionist gamer's dream come true. Soooo much extra stuff to do and find in the game.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Lemina » Tue Feb 10, '09, 1:32 pm

I'll have to get a hold of this game. From what you guys are saying, EGM wasn't kidding when they said that VI was the best FF out there.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby LordShibas » Wed Feb 11, '09, 11:38 pm

It's definitely my favorite Final Fantasy, followed by FF VIII. I have not played them all though.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Lucas » Thu Feb 12, '09, 7:57 am

I also own Final Fantasy VI Advance. I beat in 48 hours like you LordShibas I didn't want to rush it either. Definilty one of my favourite RPG games too. It's very addicting and the characters are very memorable. Personaly I favoured Terra and Loke. Great game :clap:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby pitohui » Tue Feb 24, '09, 8:30 am

I have a lot of fond memories of FFVI. I spent a long time with the Japanese GBA port a couple years ago, but got a little burnt out towards the end. I still need to beat the Kaiser Dragon. :(

And re: Jumbo Cactuar, I think you just have to beat him to earn him. He shows up randomly in the desert with cactuars and hoovers near that one town. I only remember this because I was hunting cactuars and got into a battle and he showed up and I was all OH GOD WHAT IS THIS NEW DEVILRY
pitohui
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 14

Previous

Return to General Gaming