How Much Sunshine Do You Get Each Day?

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

How much sunshine do you get each day?

15 minutes
20%
Less than 15 minutes
No votes
More than 15 minutes
60%
Other - explain in post below
20%

Total votes : 5

How Much Sunshine Do You Get Each Day?

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Dec 9, '08, 10:56 pm

I was watching a program on television the other day where they were talking about various health issues, etc., and someone on there stated that you should try to get atleast 15 minutes of sunshine a day if possible. It is supposed to make you feel better but also help in some way to make you more healthier. I don't recall the exact conversations now, etc., but I was wondering just how much sunshine do we get each day. Some days we can't go outside because of the weather or whatever and some days there isn't too much sunshine either. I suppose we can still see or get sunshine indoors, but it's different that way.

Also, they tell you in summertime NOT to get in the sun too much, don't they? So, what gives there?

So, how much sunshine do you think you get each day? Do you get enough or not enough?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Wed Dec 10, '08, 12:14 am

I suppose it is one of those things that is best in moderation. I really have no idea how much I get, but it is probably not enough. I'm usually inside almost all day.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Wed Dec 10, '08, 12:46 am

I don't get enough
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Lucas » Wed Dec 10, '08, 1:04 am

I get more then 15 minutes because I usually do a far bit around the the yard especially watering our plants and house painting sometimes. I also take the dogs for a walk at least twice a week. Usually saturday and sunday I go outside less I get lazy on the weekend lol :p .

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Re: How Much Sunshine Do You Get Each Day?

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Sun Jun 21, '09, 6:33 am

The sun! It burns!!! I'm just kidding. But I don't go out into the sun very often. I try to go for walks, but I am indoors most of the day every single day. Walks can either take five minutes, or a couple hours. It depends on the weather outside and how warm it is. I have pale skin so I don't tan, I burn, which means if it's hot, I don't set foot outside.
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Postby Tweeg » Mon Jun 22, '09, 2:36 am

Get plenty, I take a walk nearly everyday, unless it's raining... sometimes even then.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby GhostVoices » Sat Jun 27, '09, 7:35 pm

It really depends on the day, but I admit that I do usually spend a lot of time indoors. Some of it is because of computer addiction, along with things like circumstances etc. Most of the jobs I have ever done were indoors, and the one job which wasn't left me feeling very uncomfortable, due to rain and what not.
http://astralvoidrecords.blogspot.com For the best in Music,Games,Movies, Books, and more!
GhostVoices
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 8

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jun 27, '09, 9:41 pm

I generally love to be out in the sun, only if it's not that very hot that it is dangerous. However, I've noticed that one of the medications I take sometimes says to stay out of Direct or Indirect Sunlight. :? How can you be out in the sun (even the tiniest bit) and not be in direct or indirect sunlight????? It seems to me in that case, you would never get any sunshine. I don't let it stop me from getting out, but I do try to be as cautious as possible.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Casual Conversation