Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 3, '14, 3:48 pm 
Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/02/ ... ers-reboot

Going along with the female Thor topic from a short while ago, apparently there is a reboot of the Ghostbusters movie in the works that will focus on a group of female Ghostbusters.

Could be interesting, what do you think about this?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 3, '14, 7:37 pm 
I think this sounds awesome. After Harold Ramis's death the original gang couldn't really get back together anyway, so this sounds like a great, fun way to reboot the franchise. I'm all for it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 3, '14, 8:44 pm 
I was just reading something about this a few moments ago and my first reaction was no way would this work with a bunch of female Ghostbusters, however, on second thought it might have a shot.

I must admit to being partial to the original Ghostbuster cast and wanting them together again but since one of them has passed away now and it has been many, many years since they were together, and it seems for whatever reason almost impossible to get the remaining alive old gang together again, they are going to certainly have to do something new and fresh in an upcoming film. I remember reading when they were last talking about trying to get a 3rd Ghostbusters started that they kind of wanted to pass the torch along to a younger group of Ghostbusters and such. So, yeah, I could see it happening with female Ghostbusters who were probably somehow related to the original Ghostbusters from past movies. Although in my opinion there does need to be some type of male role involved to entice female movie goers to want to see the film more. Female Ghostbusters would be a good incentive to both a female and male audience but while guys may enjoy looking at the gals, the gals might enjoy some eye candy too, so to speak. Although if they just have the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in the movie some how, that will be enough to make me happy. Love that dude, lol. I even still have my own Marshmallow Man toy figurine from the old movies!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 3, '14, 10:30 pm 
I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand it would be a good way to reboot the series. After all it would be hard to have a brand new male cast which would be over shadowed by the original Ghostbusters.

Personally, I'd like to see at least one new male Ghostbuster in the group. Maybe Oscar could fill in that role with Dan Aykroyds character filling in for a mentor spot. The rest of the Ghostbusters could be retired or passed away. Dan's character could realize he's too old to do the job anymore and Oscar could have been filling in the void after Bill Murray's character left. So they could be out hiring and it just so happens they hire three females as they were the best fit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, '15, 3:54 am 
Talks may be under way for the new "Ghostbusters" movie featuring females in the role of Ghostbusters:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/new-ghostb ... 76947.html

Only one of these ladies that I am familiar with is Melissa McCarthey. Anyone know any of the others?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, '15, 1:26 pm 
Oh look, another pointless reboot.

Because writing new stories is so ancient.

And because destroying my childhood is cool.

Bah.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, '15, 2:30 pm 
I LOVE Kate McKinnon, she is hilarious and brilliant. I like the other actresses well enough, too. There are plenty of ways for this to go wrong, so I'm not going to have super-high expectations, but it's also possible this could be a lot of fun.

I'll admit that I don't have very strong nostalgic/emotional ties to the original, but my husband does (it was a favorite among him and his friends when they were younger), and even he thinks that with this cast, there's potential for a good movie.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 1, '15, 6:32 pm 
It looks like actor Bill Murray (who was in the original "Ghostbuster" movie) may make an appearance in this new female cast "Ghostbusters' movie, although as a completely different character than he previously played in the other movies:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/bill-murra ... 20577.html

It will be good to see him again regardless.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 1, '15, 9:29 pm 
It's gonna be good to see him again.

Also, the pictures of the uniforms and new Ectomobile are out there on the internet! Will find them later.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, '15, 10:57 pm 
Actor Ernie Hudson who was also in the original "Ghostbusters" movie is going to be in this new female Ghostbusters movie also. Yay!!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/er ... nsmsnent11

Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next