Palma 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Motavia 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Dezoris 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Rykros 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Other (Explain) 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject: Favourite Planet?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, '10, 9:52 am 
Simply put, what was your favourite planet in Phantasy Star?

Just so those who know, in the Other spot, feel free to put any moon/satellite as well. =P

Post subject: Re: Favourite Planet?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, '10, 10:24 am 
Palma because it has the most interesting overall world and it appears in only one game...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, '10, 10:53 am 
Dezolis, absolutely. I love writing about it. I find it romantic and mysterious.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, '10, 10:55 am 
Motavia, home to the sandworm and locusta, plus it’s all desert and very hot. Reminds me of a certain place actually. :hmm:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, '10, 2:03 pm 
Rykros, actually. Tough enemies, and the place is mysterious and alien, and different from the rest of the planets.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, '10, 5:00 pm 
I'm not so much of an Algo fan as I am an ALISA III fan. I love that place.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, '10, 9:15 pm 
I'll go with Palma, the most temperate of the worlds. Although, I think Mota would be pretty nice a few years before PSII, too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, '10, 9:34 pm 
I've always liked Motavia, despite how hot it was in PSIV. Though from what I've seen of Palma, I'd probably like that more than Motavia.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, '10, 10:08 pm 
Interestingly enough, there was a weather station in Piata that read the temperature as 83 degrees fahrenheit. Not so hot, must have been winter. :p

Anyway, for me it would be Motavia in PSIV. Nice and warm with plenty of monsters running around to hunt down. Never a dull moment. Dezoris loses out because I've spent enough winters trudging around mountains in up to 4 feet of snow to know how it saps your strength, nevermind if there are all sorts of beasties out to get you at the same time. :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, '10, 1:59 pm 
Dezoris was always the world I liked most in PS because it is wild, somber, somewhat mysterious and has that eerie feel snowy places have (like Antarctica). Though Palma is a great contender because of PSI, it loses because it was blown-up in PSII.
Though Motavia is the main planet in both PSII and PSIV, I always considered it bland. Maybe because the many changes it goes through the series, it fails to get a "personality", it is always "too generic".
Rykros, well, I think the series would be better off without it.
Alisa III is nice, but suffers from the same problem as Palma. It is not a proper world as well, though it has interesting domes.

So I'd rank the worlds this way:
1st - Dezoris
2nd - Palma
3rd- Alisa III
4th- Motavia
5th- Rykros

Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next