Favorite type of music

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Favorite type of music?

Heavy Metal
33%
Modern Rock
No votes
Rock & Roll
No votes
R& B (Rythm & Blues)
No votes
Country
No votes
Easy Listening
11%
Bluegrass
No votes
Soul
No votes
Opera
No votes
Classical
No votes
Other - tell us about in a post below.
11%
Undecided
No votes
Like all types of music
11%
Like more than one type of music
22%
Don't like music at all - not a music fan!
11%

Total votes : 9

Favorite type of music

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Nov 27, '07, 7:22 pm

What is your favorite type of music? What different types of music do you enjoy listening to?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Nov 27, '07, 7:25 pm

I vote for "like all types of music". I'm not too fond of the Heavy Metal stuff, but I guess some of it may be okay. :headphones: My very favorite is Rock & Roll, followed closely by Country. :flutist:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Tue Nov 27, '07, 10:54 pm

While there's a wide variety in music that I enjoy, I am somewhat picky when it comes to certain things. I went with "Like more than one type of music".

I like some Classical music, Rock (not modern :yuck:), some Metal, and, admittedly, some older pop's not all that bad. Lately I've been listening to upbeat things, though.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Nov 27, '07, 11:15 pm

XD, this is the first place I've ever seen that has had no music as an option. FINALLY! I can answer! YES! FEAR MY WIERDNESS!
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Tue Nov 27, '07, 11:23 pm

SparkyIII wrote:XD, this is the first place I've ever seen that has had no music as an option. FINALLY! I can answer! YES! FEAR MY WIERDNESS!
I used to have no opinion on music (sweet bliss, being considered weird for having no musical preference!), but I started listening to things to figure out what I do and don't like.

And yes. Weird is good. :mrgreen:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Wed Nov 28, '07, 2:35 am

I usually don't stick to one type. I like a little rock, a little country, and so on. I stay away from Rap and Opera for the most part - if I can't understand the music, I don't like that.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Nov 28, '07, 5:29 am

It was a tough pick between Opera and Metal.. But metal prevailed. 8D
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Tsunami » Wed Nov 28, '07, 5:54 pm

Thoul wrote:I usually don't stick to one type. I like a little rock, a little country, and so on. I stay away from Rap and Opera for the most part - if I can't understand the music, I don't like that.

What do you think about music sung in other languages? Like the group Rammstein, for example (as they're the only foreign group that comes to mind), as I'm sure that they're known to some degree here in the states.

Now, I don't mind if I can't understand the words as long as there's some musical harmony goin' on. :yes: Also, I do like good vocals in a song.

EDIT: Sheesh, the spacing went weird on me. xD
Last edited by Tsunami on Wed Nov 28, '07, 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Nov 28, '07, 6:29 pm

Opera? against Metal? I must think metal is something that it isn't but from all I know, Which definately isn't much, those two are very different. It may be just that their names sound so opposite.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Nov 28, '07, 9:40 pm

Hehe. That's what's so great about it. Listening to Dragoforce after enjoying a nice Bachs Little Fugue in G minor. It's a breathtaking contrast. 8D
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Next

Return to Tootin' Tunes