Video Power

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Video Power

Postby Thoul » Tue Oct 9, '07, 6:21 pm

Does anyone remember this gaming related show that was aired on TV in the late 80s or early 90s? It originally showed a cartoon based on characters from certain Nintendo games, but later was converted to a game show where kids would face off for the change to run through a maze that was filled with games and other prizes. The one that went through the maze got to keep whatever they could carry or attach to their body (they wore a special velcro suit, IIRC).
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Oct 9, '07, 8:46 pm

That seems a little familiar but I really can't recall as it has been so long ago. :hmm:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Oct 10, '07, 1:36 am

Oh yeah.... I remember hearing about it and being interested, but I don't remember ever seeing it! Or maybe I'm thinking of Captain Power! :P
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Neithird » Wed Oct 17, '07, 5:38 am

I think I recall this show. It was on really early in the morning right? I think the cartoon had some tomato guy and a cop from the N.A.R.C game. Oh, and the Conan type from Wizards and Warriors! That was pretty entertaining as a kid. I think I remember seeing the cartoon on again years later, without the live action host. I wonder what that guy's name was. :boggled:

I didn't like the change to the game show version. It was an interesting and unique idea, but I didn't see the appeal. As I recall, it was part trivia, like Jeopardy, and part mini gaming tournament with a different game each week.

Even though, I would have really liked to be on the game show version. Running through that maze and getting systems, games, bikes, and whatever would have be ultra cool! :bouncy:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Return to Tubular Television