What kind of story do you enjoy most?

Sports, movies, music, TV, and other forms of fun.

What kind of story do you enjoy most?

Postby Thoul » Tue Aug 21, '07, 10:49 pm

When you're reading a book, watching a movie, playing a game, or whatever, what story elements do you find yourself enjoying? Do you like humor, drama, romance, science fiction, fantasy, reality, character interaction? Just what it is that usually attracts you to a story?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Aug 21, '07, 11:38 pm

Interesting question. I can't really say. I enjoy all different facets to some extent. I like action and drama, but I also enjoy romance and fantasy as well. Some Science Fiction is okay, but not the extreme gorry and gross stuff - yuck!

I think basically if the book, movie, or whatever it is, has a good, interesting, and sometimes different type of plot or story behind it, then I'm hooked, atleast for awhile until I see how it goes.
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Aug 22, '07, 12:44 am

I've always loved epics, as reality-based as possible. When I was younger I loved Star Wars, but now I'd favor Gladiator; a difficult moral struggle for values.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Atolm » Wed Aug 22, '07, 2:28 am

I find myself liking everything and anything if it is well written, it all depends on the story-teller to grab me into their tale.

The last book series that had me really hooked was "A Song of Ice and Fire" and the only way I can describe it as is Realistic Fantasy. For those that enjoy history it will remind you of the Wars of the Roses.
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby Webministrator » Tue Oct 23, '07, 5:12 am

I prefer non-fiction but I'm good with action and horror.
Comedies and dramas are good as well.
Webministrator
Citizen
Citizen

Return to Entertainment