Best Nintendo System

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Which Nintendo system is the best?

Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
17%
Super Nintendo (SNES)
33%
Nintendo 64
No votes
GameCube
17%
Wii
No votes
GameBoy
No votes
GameBoy Color
No votes
GameBoy Pocket
No votes
GameBoy Advance
No votes
GameBoy Advance SP
No votes
Nintendo DS
33%
Virtual Boy
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 6

Best Nintendo System

Postby Thoul » Sun Dec 9, '07, 4:29 am

Nintendo has made quite a few game systems! Which one do you think is the top dog out of all of them?

My pick here is the Super Nintendo, for the great selection of RPGs and other games. The NES and GameCube are a close second for me, but a lot of my fondest video game memories are associated with SNES games.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Sun Dec 9, '07, 12:37 pm

GameCube - it had a lot of great games. I think I bought more GameCube games than Super Nintendo games.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby LordShibas » Sun Dec 9, '07, 5:10 pm

This is a tough one. I voted DS, but not because of the DS games, but due to the fact that the DS can play DS and GBA games. I have so many GBA games. Most are RPGs which is my favorite genre. Without GBA support on the DS, my vote would have gone to the Gaicube. I won't straight up vote for the GBA since I really don't like the design of the GBA and the backlighting sucks. DS makes GBA games so much more playable.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby hugues » Sun Dec 9, '07, 6:06 pm

This is really tough but I have to lean towards the Super Nintendo. It had the best controller of all their systems and some fantastic RPGs. Really close call though, I could go with the NES or Gamecube just as easily.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Dec 9, '07, 8:21 pm

I'm not entirely sure, but my brother gives an iffy argument with DS being the best.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Return to Tech and Design