Principal dies during root canal

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Principal dies during root canal

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Dec 19, '07, 6:33 pm

Anyone heard this on the news? It is scary, I think. A school principal has died during a root canal procedure at the Dentist.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/7033 ... 19.article

What's next, I wonder, but I really don't wanta know? Lately there have been quite a few deaths related to surgery, and other "safe" procedures, etc., etc., etc. The recent death of singer Kanye West's mom, comes to mind also.

Is it getting to where you are afraid, or atleast a little more concerned, about going to a doctor - having surgery - , etc., etc., etc.?
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Wed Dec 19, '07, 9:42 pm

That's terrible. From the article, it sounds like the doctors had been investigated for unsafe practices in the past. This is definitely going to put a dent in their business - hopefully they will lose their licenses over this.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Wed Dec 19, '07, 10:13 pm

Wow, this is kinda shocking. I've never heard of someone dying during a dental procedure. :blank:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Neithird » Thu Dec 20, '07, 8:57 pm

I wish I could say I'd never heard of anything like it before too, but I can't. :( Always do some research on doctors before going for any medical treatment, if you can. You can't trust anyone blindly these days.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Dec 21, '07, 5:39 am

I dislike the dentist enough, not them, the people are nice, the business scares me.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Return to Casual Conversation