Favorite Late Night Talk Show / Host

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Favorite Late Night Talk Show / Host

The David Letterman Show - David Letterman host.
No votes
The Tonight Show - Jay Leno host.
13%
The Conan O'Brien Show - Conan O'Brien host.
No votes
Red-eye Show - (Fox news channel).
13%
Larry King Live - Larry King host
No votes
The Tonight Show - Johnny Carson host (with Ed McMahan sidekick)
13%
The Joey Bishop Show - Joey Bishop host (with sidekick Regis Philbin)
No votes
Other - explain in post below.
63%

Total votes : 8

Re: Favorite Late Night Talk Show / Host

Postby Snorb » Fri Apr 25, '14, 1:01 am

Colbert just plays a character-- the over-zealous holier-than-thou Fox News type people Jon Stewart makes fun of every night at 11 or so. (He was equally funny a decade ago on Whose Line is it Anyway?)

Anyway... yeah. Back in February, I believe, immediately before the Olympics was the final The Tonight Show With Jay Leno, I was kinda sad to see him go because I watched him growing up (and hated the show after he came back, mostly because I liked Conan on Tonight), and after the Olympics ended, we had the first episode of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.

And it is awesome. Even if I can't quite remember how the new theme goes, I can still at least sing along with "Hey, hey hey hey!" (Yes, the theme song for The Tonight Show has lyrics now. It's a nice jazzy song, but what do you expect from The Roots?) Fallon is hilarious, and he took the time in his first monologue to actually acknowledge Conan O'Brian hosting back in 2009-2010, which the rest of NBC seems to have some kind of aversion to.

Sure, Jimmy Fallon still holds fast to Tonight's "Monologue > Second Comedy Act > First Guest > Some More of the First > Second Guest > Musical Act" formula, but in this case, "Some More of the First" is more than just an interview: Jimmy Fallon's a fun-loving guy, and he and his guest play a game, sometimes with the audience, they could do a comedy bit (such as History of Rap, Part 6 with Justin Timberlake on his second night), sometimes he gets Questlove from the Roots involved with the comedy, and all in all, I think Jimmy Fallon's doing a great job and is gonna be remembered as one of late night's best.

(The less said about Late Night With Seth Myers, though, the better. Ughhh.)
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Apr 29, '14, 3:27 am

I have seen bits and pieces of Craig Ferguson show a few times. He seems like a funny and wild guy. I don't know very much about Seth Myers though. I like the way that Jimmy Fallon plays games/contests, etc., with his guests. It's nice to see them doing some type of activity besides just sitting and talking all the time.
Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Tue Apr 29, '14, 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Apr 29, '14, 3:29 am

Uh oh, just read that Craig Ferguson will be leaving his Late Show hosting duties.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=864532

Too bad, he was very good there. Best of luck to him in his future endeavors. Hmmm, I wonder if he was upset because he didn't get Letterman's job when Letterman retires??

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Bragatyr » Tue Apr 29, '14, 3:44 am

Yeah, just read that, definitely kind of sad, but I hope he felt like it was the right time.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Aug 6, '14, 10:11 pm

Seems that someone named James Corden may replace Craig Ferguson on "The Late, Late, Show. Anyone ever heard of Corden before?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/0 ... 51982.html

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Aug 7, '14, 5:47 am

I like Jimmy Kimmel. I don't actually watch the show, but I am subscribed to the Youtube Channel and enjoy some of the upload they have. My favourites are "This Week In Unnecessary Censorship" and "Mean Tweets." Hilarious stuffs.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Aug 8, '14, 10:43 am

John Oliver and his HBO show Last Week Tonight. That guy is hilarious. I also listen The Bugle podcast, which he co-hosts with British comedian Andy Zaltzman.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Previous

Return to Tubular Television