Favorite handheld system?

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

What is your favorite handheld game system?

Nintendo Game Boy (Color/Advance/SP/etc)
62%
Wonderswan or Wonderswan Color
No votes
Sega Game Gear
8%
Sega Nomad
No votes
Nintendo DS
15%
Neo Geo Pocket
No votes
PSP
15%
Nokia N-Gage
No votes
Graphing Calculator
No votes
Other - tell us what in a post!
No votes

Total votes : 13

Postby Tsunami » Thu Sep 6, '07, 3:56 am

I picked Gameboy. Got my first one (GBC in this case) for christmas when I was in the 4th grade... Played it a lot back in the day. :mrgreen:

I would've voted for Sega's Nomad, since it's pretty cool, but the wrong movements or held the wrong way, and it'd reset on me, killing my motivation to play it. :bored:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Fri Sep 7, '07, 5:01 am

For my Game Boys, I got one of those little adapters that doubled as a rechargeable battery. It wasn't very portable I guess, but it saved me a ton on batteries. :lol:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Fri Sep 7, '07, 5:30 am

Thoul wrote:For my Game Boys, I got one of those little adapters that doubled as a rechargeable battery. It wasn't very portable I guess, but it saved me a ton on batteries. :lol:

Same here, actually. :mrgreen: I was never much for taking my Gameboy places...so I was content with plugging it into a nearby wall socket and playing the game.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby LordShibas » Thu Nov 15, '07, 1:11 pm

I've been enjoying my PSP a lot lately. I've been pretty much living off of portables and PC gaming for a while now, since my TV was destroyed. I replaced the TV, but I'm in a rut where I just feel like playing GBA, PSP, and DS games.

I would say that I enjoy my PSP the most in general. I'm not too taken with some of the DS games, but I have played a few good DS games. However, factor in that my DS plays GBA games, and my DS is great, so no complaints really.

I just recently got into portable gaming. I ignored it for a long time, and I finally broke. Now portables are a major part of my gaming life. I had a Neo Geo Pocket Color back in the day, but I didn't play it very much.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 15, '07, 6:24 pm

I've always liked the game gear, we plugged in that extra thing years ago to have a portable TV, XDDDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 15, '07, 8:02 pm

Oh, I forgot about that! They should make one of those TV tuners for the GameBoy. It would have been a much better add-on than that silly camera thing.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Previous

Return to Tech and Design