Favorite Easter Song

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Favorite Easter Song?

Here Comes Peter Cottontail
No votes
Easter Parade
No votes
In Your Easter Bonnet
No votes
Bunny Hop
No votes
He Arose
No votes
The Old Rugged Cross
No votes
Other - tell in post below
100%

Total votes : 2

Favorite Easter Song

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Mar 18, '08, 7:51 pm

Easter is this Sunday, March 23. Which one of these Easter songs is your favorite?
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Tue Mar 18, '08, 11:42 pm

Little bunny Foo Foo hoppin' through the forest~ Scoopin' up the field mice, and bonking 'em on the head~!

...wait, that's not an easter song. Still makes me laugh, even if I learned it when I was a little kid. :mrgreen: But if I had to pick one, I'd pick "Here Comes Peter Cottontail", even if I chose "other" in this case.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Mar 19, '08, 4:00 am

There are easter songs? XDDD Well, shows my knowlege....again...
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Reno » Wed Mar 19, '08, 4:17 am

SparkyIII wrote:There are easter songs? XDDD Well, shows my knowlege....again...

Likewise... I haven't heard any of these songs, though the one Tsu was singing sounded nice! :D
"Science was dealt a crippling blow the instant that its conclusions were deemed to be subject to democracy."
[face=Arial][/face]
Reno
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 18

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Mar 19, '08, 10:20 pm

I'm really surprised that some of you haven't heard of these Easter songs. Some of them have been around a long time. I'm not too good at some of the words but here's a few words to some of them:

1. "Here comes peter cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail, hippidity hoppidity Easter's on it's way.

2. "In your Easter Bonnet with all the thrills upon it, you'll be the fairest maiden at the Easter Parade." (I think that's how this one goes, but not exactly sure - and I seem to have gotten the number 3 song mixed up with no. 2 as it is a part of the no. 2 song, I think. sorry for that mistake.

4. Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the Bunny Hop song. Anyone else know it?

5. "He Arose" is a gospel or religious song. It goes something like this: "Up from the ground he arose, with a mighty triumph ore his foes. He arose a victor from the dark domain, now he lives forever with his saints to reign. He arose, He arose, hallealeuah, Christ arose!"

6. "The Old Rugged Cross" is also a gospel or religious song. - "To the old rugged cross I will ever be true, it's shame and reproach gladly bear. Till he'll call me some day to my home far away where his glory forever I'll share. So I'll cherish the Old Rugged Cross, till my trophies at last I lay down. I will cling to the old rugged cross, and exchange it some day for a crown."
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Lemina » Wed Mar 19, '08, 10:45 pm

SparkyIII wrote:There are easter songs? XDDD Well, shows my knowlege....again...

I didn't even know that Easter had any songs to go with it, frankly. Easter isn't exactly a caroling season in my parts....

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 20, '08, 3:14 am

Yeah, I never heard of any of these either, except that last one. I never really associated it with Easter, though that does make sense. Easter is just not a very musical holiday like Christmas tends to be.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Tootin' Tunes