Converters

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Converters

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 10, '07, 8:53 pm

Did you ever have any of the special converters that would allow you to play games from one system on another, like the Gameboy Player for GameCube? If so, what did you think of them?

I've only had the Super Gameboy, for playing GameBoy games on the Super Nintendo. It was pretty good, even though the amount of colors it provided for games was limited. The little Mario Paint style mini game for screen borders was weird but a fun distraction.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Sat Nov 10, '07, 11:08 pm

I think the idea of converters is good, since I love seeing games on my TV screen. However, with all these games that are coming out on handhelds, it makes me wonder if there's any converters for those...like the PSP, per se.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby lee » Sun Nov 11, '07, 12:50 am

I've had the Super Gameboy for my SNES too. I think it's great since I can play Gameboy games on a big screen and I can save batteries. :D
lee
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 7

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Nov 11, '07, 6:34 am

I wish I had them, itd have been really fun to something like that, though, perhaps not very useful.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby LordShibas » Mon Nov 12, '07, 11:31 pm

Yeah, my PC. It converts all kinds of stuff :wink:
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 13, '07, 12:37 am

Tsunami wrote:I think the idea of converters is good, since I love seeing games on my TV screen. However, with all these games that are coming out on handhelds, it makes me wonder if there's any converters for those...like the PSP, per se.

I don't think so... but I would not at all be surprised if Nintendo makes a DS converter for the Wii in the next couple of years. I always wanted their GBA to GameCube converter, but those were sold out by the time I thought to get one.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tsunami » Tue Nov 13, '07, 3:08 am

Shame. I've been keeping my eye on the Star Ocean 1 and 2 remakes for the PSP and I dislike the idea of them being on a handheld. It wouldn't be the same, really. D:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 13, '07, 3:16 am

Yes, I agree. Such epic adventures deserve the fullness of a large screen! :king:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby LordShibas » Tue Nov 13, '07, 3:20 am

Hah, I was just reading up on those, and the Yggdra Union remake. I hope we get those in the US. Portable or not, I'll take them either way.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Return to Tech and Design