Favorite Berries

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Favorite Berries?

Strawberry
29%
Blueberry
14%
Raspberry
No votes
Blackberry
29%
Bil-Berry
No votes
Cranberry
No votes
Other - explain in post below
29%

Total votes : 7

Favorite Berries

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Mar 19, '09, 9:30 pm

I've been on a strawberry kick lately and eating juicy, delicious, ripe strawberries. Did you know that berries are good for you as they are low in calories, contain many Vitamins (C, etc.) and minerals, and they have antioxidants in them which can help fight some dieseases, etc.

So, I was wondering, just what is your favorite berry to eat?
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Mar 20, '09, 12:36 am

Torn between strawberries and raspberries, really. Love them both, can't decide, so voted other.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby LordShibas » Fri Mar 20, '09, 12:47 am

I don't eat much fruit, but I eat yogurt that has Blackberries in it and it's pretty darn good, so I vote for them.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 20, '09, 1:49 am

I'm not a berry person, so I went with other. Nuts are more my style, though I don't eat them often these days either.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lemina » Fri Mar 20, '09, 2:03 am

Berries are often very tart; so I don't eat them by themselves too often. I really like strawberries, when they're perfectly ripe, though.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Rune_Walsh » Fri Mar 20, '09, 9:11 am

Ahhhh, I love fruit. And I don't mean Richard Simmons. :pan:

Strawberries pour moi! Although, I also like huckleberries. They make the best jams.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Lucas » Fri Mar 20, '09, 11:15 am

I like blackberries. I remember when I a kid I used to strip the tree of all of them. Sometimes when I was so desperate for them I would even eat them while still pink (unripened :blank: ). By the way in Australia Blackberries are called Moll Berries. :wink: Encase none of you knew.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Srijita » Fri Mar 20, '09, 7:46 pm

I have been known to work my way through a small punnet of blueberries during nights on-call. Strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries also go down well, although primarily in puddings :wink: Has anyone tried apple and blackberry crumble? It was one of my best dishes as a teenager and is simply delicious with vanilla ice cream. Can't say I've tasted bilberries or cranberries, although I know of the American liking for cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Return to Delectable Delicacies