Fan Games

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Fan Games

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Jul 12, '07, 8:20 am

Oh buggers, I forgot to mention that the bug is in PSIV.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby The $ Avenger » Fri Jul 13, '07, 6:05 am

So much for not making new patches... I created V2.5 of Hell Mode and V1.3 of Purgatory Mode off of some user input today. They're both identical. Here's what they do:

The Eclipse Torch’s damage has been doubled when used as an item in battle. The Flame Sword, Tornado Dagger, Mahlay Dagger, Laconian Rod, and Dynamite have all had their power increased for when they are used as an item in combat. The Rykros Ring can now be equipped by Gryz, Demi, Raja, Kyra, Alys, and Seth as a helmet.

Looks like I'll be updating these PSIV patches until this last round of play-testing is finished, (which is soon.) Thoul, I'll email them to you, and another copy of that V1.2 Purgatory if you would rather host it. That V1.2 Purgatory I sent you is all messed up. :misspeak:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Fri Jul 13, '07, 6:40 am

Note to self: read posts before announcing updates. :lol:

Just 1.3 of Purgatory will be fine. I'll just update what's up now to the latest version.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Jul 14, '07, 12:10 am

And I sent you the wrong read_me in that one. :rofl: I sent you another. Too many patches lately to keep them straight!
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Sat Jul 14, '07, 2:33 am

:lol: I know how that is. I'm trying to organize all the stuff on my hard drive. I've got so many copies or near copies of the same stuff that I can't find anything.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Sun Jul 15, '07, 1:43 am

My desktop is full of all these things! I acted on a decent suggestion and searched through the PSIV code until I made another update. I've made a Hell V2.6 and Purgatory 1.4 that renames the Nothing items: BloodAx, Algomap, Sprlsls, Neishld(had to remedy the 0 Nei references in this game!)

I was thrilled to finally find those! Unfortunately each Nothing was only allocated 7 bytes, so I couldn't expand the names without corrupting the whole item table. :p That's the only update in these though. The well has pretty much run dry!

Also, I made a Hordes of Nei V1.1, because my expert Sega Master System sources say that the Spell names are not text data, but graphical tilesets, which I have absolutely NO idea how to work with, so I readjusted the Spells so that the names aren't all wrong. All magic is identical to the original names plus these changes:

- Removed the confusing Spell order. Alis’s Chat is still Wind, and Fire is still Cure, (and is only a battle spell.) But Myau has been overhauled since V1.0. Myau has all his original Spells in the usual order, but learns a fourth spell out of combat, Rise, on level 24. This Spell is not listed on his spell menu. It is the blank spot under Exit. Myau also learns a fifth combat spell, Thun, on level 26, but it is not listed on his spell menu. It is the blank spot under Help.

- The MP cost of Thun has been lowered from 16 to 14.

The Thun change is to expedite the nuking of large hordes!

Well, Thoul. Here's a few more updates coming your way. :hyper: I'd say replace V1.0 of Hordes of Nei with this one to replace that confusing hack. V2.6 of Hell and V1.4 of Purgatory are obviously improvements of their predecessors too.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Divine Dragon » Sun Jul 15, '07, 3:55 pm

:hyper: Yaaaay, I figured The Komrade would have a topic here about his patches.

Whenever I think of any other kind of.. thought about what could be done, whether you can do it is obviously.. you know.. the problem.. x3

Well, as I mentioned on GameFAQS, depending on which you check first this may be old news, I tried the Profound Darkness... just as a tester, but I didn't play it any differently from how I normally would. You know, first stage, you get up your defences, and try to use as little TP and Skills as possible... .. and it just kept dragging on... In the end I gave up before I even beat the first part, more training must be done!

But.. I have also just started PSI.. so I'll try not to get too distracted.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Jul 16, '07, 12:27 am

That's very ambitious of you to play both games! Seems like you've got a decent plan for the fight with PD too. I'm currently working on implementing the description changes you suggested. I should have them done in a couple of hours. :stir:
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Jul 16, '07, 5:16 am

Ok, I got all the item descriptions finished in revised versions of both Hell V2.6 and Purgatory 1.4. Here are all the items with new ones:

Frade Mantle, Guard Rod, Power Shield, Guard Sword, Photon Eraser, Guard Claw, Guard Armor, Guard Robe, Guard Mail, Nei Shield, Elsydeon, Defeat Axe, Guard Shield, Shadow Blade, Eclipse Torch, Aero Prism, Parma Ring, Mota Ring, Dezo Ring, Rykros Ring, and Algo Ring.

Lastly, Palma-Ring has been renamed Parma-Ring for consistency within the game.

Thoul, I mailed you the newest versions. :wink:
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Jul 16, '07, 5:24 am

I gotta update the site soon... >_> I feel lazy tonight though....
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More