Fan Games

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Fan Games

Postby Thoul » Fri Jun 29, '07, 7:28 pm

The Komrade wrote:My friend that puts up the files is MIA the last few days. Thoul, if he doesn't turn up would you mind me emailing you the updates?

Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner. I must have missed this post. I have a real problem with that... I think I'll install a forum upgrade to prevent it from happening again.

Anyway, this answer is coming a little late, but feel free to e-mail me any patches if you have problems getting in touch with your friend again. :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Jun 30, '07, 12:12 am

Ah, don't worry about it. I'm thrilled you've got the new patches up here. My friend wants to make me a PSI site now too, but I'll let you know when that patch is finished!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby The $ Avenger » Sun Jul 1, '07, 11:33 pm

The PSI revision is coming along VERY nicely. I'm thinking of releasing this one before I play test it all the way through this time. PSI lovers should be pleasantly surprised with the end results! :)
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Tsunami » Mon Jul 2, '07, 5:37 am

The Komrade wrote:I've been asked what I'm thinking of calling my PSI patch, so here's a teaser until I'm done: PSI The Hordes of Nei. Battles on an epic scale, and I'll let you all dwell on the Nei part. :stir:

Are you going to hack into the game and program Nei into it? :O

That would be something. Or perhaps you'll add some Nei piece of equipment? Never hurts to guess. :mrgreen:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Neithird » Mon Jul 2, '07, 7:55 pm

It's definitely an interesting name! Maybe that Needle gun will be replaced with a Nei gun or something! I can't wait to find out what's changed. :D
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Jul 2, '07, 11:44 pm

PSI is so small that this particular patch isn't going to take much longer to finish. All I have left to do is to rescale the monsters to all the changes I've made. I'm not aiming to make this one impossible though :p . It should be close the challenge level of the original if I do it right.

I wish I could edit Nei into the game :( but I guarantee some other great upgrades really soon!
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby The $ Avenger » Tue Jul 3, '07, 11:59 pm

I should ask for anyone here playing on one of my PSIV patches: do you think the Piata Basement is too hard? The most common comment I've received on my patch is that players don't want to grind in the basement, or it takes too long. (I clock it at half an hour, like that's a long time, :roll:)

I made it that difficult because Chaz is on his first mission, and shouldn't be all that great. It requires an experienced hunter like Alys to survive Guild missions. But anyway, if enough people thinks it is too rough, I'll make another patch to lighten the difficulty in one way or another. Let me know what you think, here or in email!
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Jul 4, '07, 12:38 am

:P I went ahead and made a new patch for PSIV that makes the Xanafalgues and Zoran Bults give more experience. This way players will have the choice of skipping some early level grinding, or going all out for the total challenge on the earlier patches. It's entitled V2.4 of the Hell Mode Mod. I'll post when it's put online. Thoul, it's such a minor change, that I wouldn't recommend adding it to the patches section, unless you want to, of course!
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Wed Jul 4, '07, 5:26 am

I'll probably replace 2.3 with it, if you don't mind. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the new patches. :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Jul 5, '07, 12:34 am

That's fine! It's your site! :yes: And drum roll.... I expect the PSI remake to be finished by the end of this week! :mrgreen:
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More