Fan Games

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Fan Games

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Jun 16, '07, 12:02 am

My friend that puts up the files is MIA the last few days. Thoul, if he doesn't turn up would you mind me emailing you the updates?

The only ones I would suggest you keep on this site are V2.3, and both V1.0 and 1.1 of the Instant Death invulnerability ones since they are such a departure from 2.3. 1.0 is much more difficult in the random encounters than 1.1. I think that would allow the player to choose from the best of the variety without overloading them with every revision I made.

Neithird, I continue to brainstorm, but I think I've pretty much done all the overhauling of PSIV that I can. I've moved my thinking to the other games in the series. I've looked at the code of PSII, but there's a lot I don't know about it. I'd love to tinker with PSI... I should go check it out!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby The $ Avenger » Sun Jun 17, '07, 12:42 am

I spent a bit of time looking over PSI's code, and I've managed to decode the pattern of all the character's levels. I haven't had the time to look into the rest of it yet, but I think there is some serious potential for alterations in it! :idea:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Neithird » Sun Jun 17, '07, 9:16 am

I meant replacing the batteries. But yeah, remakes or emulation seems like a much easier and better alternative.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby The $ Avenger » Sun Jun 17, '07, 10:51 pm

Speaking of batteries... I had one of those rare Master Gear modules for the Game Gear that let you play SMS games on it, but after a long bout of playing PSI on it, I discovered that the Game Gear got the cartridge so hot that it slow-cooked my game, destroying the battery. Sigh. Peripherals.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby The $ Avenger » Tue Jun 19, '07, 2:06 am

The patches aren't on my site yet, but here links to download them.

V 2.3(Updated Combos):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BSYEC8TG

Purgatory V 1.0(Built off V2.3, with enemies immune to Instant Death):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BLHMR5DW

Purgatory V 1.1(Equipment and Technique upgrades):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=03XQO824
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby The $ Avenger » Tue Jun 19, '07, 11:28 pm

It certainly looks like a PSI patch is in my future! It has taken many hours, but I've got all the information I need except for where the gun damage, spell damage, and who can use the equipment. If I can find all that, (doubtful, but I've made a lot of progress lately,) I'll be ready to make the patch! I've found some really cool things in the ROM that I'm going to update, but I won't spoil it for now... :hmm:
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Wed Jun 20, '07, 5:41 pm

Oh, that reminds me! I had an idea for something else you might be able to include in your PSIV patch, if you can find the data for it. There's supposedly a fourth item named as NOTHING in the game, but no one has ever been able to access it before. I read somewhere once that it might be an attack for one of the vehicles. If you could find any info about it, that would be something new for everyone. :)

I look forward to seeing your PSI patch. :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Jun 20, '07, 11:03 pm

I'll look into it. I know where it is in the code, and I believe it is listed as a plot item. I've never heard that it might have something to do with a vehicle! Perhaps this insight will finally discover what it is! I'll put it in the game and see what happens.

PSI is a complete pain to try and hack into. I haven't had anymore luck on that front, but it still is going to quite an interesting patch!
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Jun 21, '07, 12:23 am

Thoul, I can't get it to have anything to do with the vehicles, but it is an open spot in the code that I can make into an item of a different sort!

I haven't decided on what to make it into just yet, but I tested it as a dagger, and it's just like the Blood Axe; it shows blood when the user slashes the enemy. I'm either going to leave it a dagger or make it into a better shield for Raja and Rune. I'm leaning toward the shield though, as they get stuck with the Silver one you get when you first arrive at Dezo... and daggers are nearly useless in my mod.

Of course, I'm open to suggestions.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Neithird » Thu Jun 21, '07, 4:30 am

A shield is probably better. More defense can always come in handy!
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More