Fan Games

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Sep 1, '07, 11:51 pm

Divine Dragon wrote::D Wow!

It all sounds so... brilliant!

I'm still hoping for that Zio game.. :yaknow:
I'll let you know if that guy ever gets back to me about the PSIV editor... his progress on his current project have slowed to a crawl. Maybe Zio needs to return a la La Shiec in a sequel... :P

I must say, in preliminary thinking that making a game from scratch is going to take a lot longer than any hack would. All those maps... The challenge sounds like a lot of fun though! I'm going to have to start going over the "canon" of the PS series so I don't violate anything to heinously in my own creation!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Divine Dragon » Sun Sep 2, '07, 1:31 pm

The Komrade wrote:
Divine Dragon wrote::D Wow!

It all sounds so... brilliant!

I'm still hoping for that Zio game.. :yaknow:
I'll let you know if that guy ever gets back to me about the PSIV editor... his progress on his current project have slowed to a crawl. Maybe Zio needs to return a la La Shiec in a sequel... :P
It's a good idea :3

The Komrade wrote:I must say, in preliminary thinking that making a game from scratch is going to take a lot longer than any hack would. All those maps... The challenge sounds like a lot of fun though! I'm going to have to start going over the "canon" of the PS series so I don't violate anything to heinously in my own creation!
:lol: Yes, yes. I recall that happening in several things. Good luck!
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby Thoul » Sun Sep 2, '07, 8:30 pm

Good luck; it's really hard to figure out what is canon in some cases. There are so many conflicting sources on some things. :grumpy:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Sep 3, '07, 12:31 am

Thoul wrote:Good luck; it's really hard to figure out what is canon in some cases. There are so many conflicting sources on some things. :grumpy:
I know. I'll try and adhere to the English releases as they are, and nothing more. That's at least a definite starting point, even if there are some inconsistencies. For the majority of the information, I'm going to rely on what PSIV tells us.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Divine Dragon » Mon Sep 3, '07, 2:24 am

The Komrade wrote:
Thoul wrote:Good luck; it's really hard to figure out what is canon in some cases. There are so many conflicting sources on some things. :grumpy:
I know. I'll try and adhere to the English releases as they are, and nothing more. That's at least a definite starting point, even if there are some inconsistencies. For the majority of the information, I'm going to rely on what PSIV tells us.
Yes, good good.. I can't stand Lassic..
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby The $ Avenger » Tue Sep 4, '07, 11:50 pm

Well, my house guests have departed now, so I'll embark on the PSII hack, possibly as early as tomorrow! (I'm going to give that PSIII sprite hacking one last go here before I start.) I can't wait to begin the PS sequel project, and it'll be hard to keep myself focused for the PSII hack, but it will be done... and it will be done well! :yes: I think I've got a workable premise for the sequel, but it'll need a lot of work.

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted on my progress on the PSII hack in the topic I started for it.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Divine Dragon » Wed Sep 5, '07, 12:01 am

:) Looking forward to hear about it's progress!

As for the story of the sequel PS, would you consider perhaps discussing your ideas with us?

Perhaps .. Thoul could create some kind of members only section for it, so as a guest can't steal the work, or something..

I don't know, I just think .. the story would be one of the hardest parts.. We might have some good ideas, or perhaps just generally help you. Just a thought.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Sep 5, '07, 12:37 am

I'll certainly think about it. The story will probably be the easiest part for me :D . I have a policy of not discussing my material before release because it concretizes it, (makes it exist in the world, not just my mind) and gives one the reaction that the material now exists and therefore undermines the motivation to actually write it. However, I'm definitely open to suggestions that I judge to be good, i.e. on a cooperative standard that agrees with my premise. Just know that I may totally reject them! :wink: There's nothing worse than a collective effort when the ideas conflict.

I'll have to spend some more time considering the plotline before I reveal it here because it's in its' infancy, and may have a drastic change since I'm brainstorming PSII right now. When I do reveal it, it'd be best to discuss it in another topic with a spoiler tag in the title, so that people that don't want the plot twists revealed won't stumble upon them.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Wed Sep 5, '07, 6:16 am

Divine Dragon wrote:Perhaps .. Thoul could create some kind of members only section for it, so as a guest can't steal the work, or something..

Sure, I could do that. I know how important it is to keep ideas private before their finished form is ready for display.

There's nothing worse than a collective effort when the ideas conflict.

Oy, isn't that the truth! I've had more than one project sunk by that.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Previous

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More