Fan Games

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Fan Games

Postby Fogeltje » Tue Jun 12, '07, 8:42 am

I patched the ROM I had on my disc, I think it could be a different one. Anyway, it seems to be an emulator problem as it works fine with Fusion, hadn't thought of trying it at first but tried last night and it worked fine.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby The $ Avenger » Tue Jun 12, '07, 11:20 pm

Well I'm glad to hear that it is working now. These emulators can have some pretty bizarre problems!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Fogeltje » Wed Jun 13, '07, 1:15 am

Yes, like eating save games and refuse to spit them out, bloody emulators. If only the cartridge batteries would live forever :( I still have saves just before the final boss for PSI, PSII and PSIV.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Thoul » Wed Jun 13, '07, 8:13 pm

I wonder if it is possible to replace batteries in Sega carts? I know it can be done on NES carts with a special tool to open the cart, but I've never heard of it being done with Sega games.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Fogeltje » Wed Jun 13, '07, 10:25 pm

I once read it should be possible for both Sega carts and NES/SNES but don't quote me on that. The main problem will be of course that all data will be lost but the cartridge would be good to go for another few years. But the person doing that really has to know what they are doing or you will damage the cartridge beyond repair.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Jun 13, '07, 11:43 pm

Just finished a spin-off to my patch that includes all my updates, but simply adds making all the monsters invulnerable to Instant Death and Status effects. This is by far the hardest of all the patches, so I'm making it a 1.0 version of its own. The only other update for this patch will be 1.1 that makes all late-game equipment better and makes the Techs, Skills, and Combos do more damage. I'll post here when it's up and available. I think this will be the last mod I make for PSIV, :( but I never know when another idea will hit me!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby The $ Avenger » Fri Jun 15, '07, 1:51 am

Ok, I finished V1.1 of the invulnerable to ID attacks patch, and since I can't figure out in the graphics are tied in to the Techs, I think this is my last patch. The last few patches haven't been added to my site, yet. I'll post when they are. Here are the V1.1 changes.

Now in V1.1 there have been some changes to boost your party against these hordes! All the Na-level Techs have added damage, along with the Skills Rayblade, Astral, Legeon, Positron Bolt, Sweeping, Phonon, St. Fire, Corrosion, Medice, Miracle, Kyra’s Tandle, and Recover.

The following equipment also has better Attack/Defense/or Magic Defense properties: Silver Shield, Silver Tusk, Reflect Robe, Genocyclaw, Moon Slasher, Power Shield, Laco Mail, Laco Helm, Laco Crown, Laco Circlet, Laco Shield, Cyber Suit, Guard Sword, Photon Eraser, Laco Armor, Laco Gear, Mahlay Dagger, Guard Claw, Guard Armor, Guard Robe, Guard Mail, Elsydeon, Laco Axe, Sonic Buster, Mahlay Mail, Guard Shield, Mahlay Shield, Palma Ring, Mota Ring, Dezo Ring, Algo Ring, and Mahlay Ring.

Note: the Sonic Buster is now only equippable by Demi for the bonus it gives to her Miracle.

The bosses aren’t any easier though, as they have been scaled to be the same as the Hell Mode Mod bosses based off these changes!
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Fri Jun 15, '07, 3:08 am

Sounds very interesting! Be sure to let us know when the patches are up. :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Fri Jun 15, '07, 3:09 pm

But the person doing that really has to know what they are doing or you will damage the cartridge beyond repair.

I've heard horror stories about that. It gives me chills to think about my games getting busted by trying to fix them. Brr! :snowman: :misspeak: :snowman:

I guess if the batteries eventually die, the only way to save on the cart will be to replace them. I dread that day... I think I'd rather just buy a new version of the game on a modern console.

Cool work on the new patch, Komrade! I look forward to trying it. Maybe you can find something new to add in another patch.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Fogeltje » Fri Jun 15, '07, 4:04 pm

Replacing them will be all but impossible since any replacements you might be able to get will be the same age and probably have a dead or near-dead battery themselves. So only remakes for consoles seem viable. I'll just stick to emulation from now on.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More