Fan Games

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Fan Games

Postby Tsunami » Wed Jul 25, '07, 1:25 am

Erm... Don't want to give this away in case it's a spoiler, so spoiler tags will be used. Better safe than sorry, methinks.

So just the palettes were changed? Still, impressive that there's a way to modify the sprites.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Jul 25, '07, 2:48 am

Jubilation!! Thanks to a suggestion on searching, I've finally found the Spell names, so kiss those blank squares goodbye! It'll just take me some time to make a new patch with this new knowledge! Ah, progress feels wonderful! :king:

So what do you all think, should Noah become Lutz? All the text in the game is now at my disposal. I think I'll correct some of the glaring deficiencies like the late-game IT HAS SOMETHING STRANGE. Any others anyone can remember that are horribly butchered?

Tsunami, nah, that's not a spoiler, but what they exactly look like is. Yes, I changed their palettes, or they went shopping for new clothes. However you want to look at it! :P If I get good enough, I'll try and change their outfits in the scenes where they speak so that it's consistent.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Divine Dragon » Wed Jul 25, '07, 4:06 am

Wonderful!! Very well done, Komrade! :clap:

.. .. would it be too much to wonder that... this very data could also be found .. in more or less the same place.. in PSIV? :?
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Jul 25, '07, 4:25 am

Divine Dragon wrote:Wonderful!! Very well done, Komrade! :clap:

.. .. would it be too much to wonder that... this very data could also be found .. in more or less the same place.. in PSIV? :?
Ah, thanks. I'm nearly done changing Noah's name in every place. It'll still have to be tested, but I'll be done in less than an hour. I'm only sifting through the game's text, so if anyone sees any horribly butchered sentences in PSI, post here, and I'll fix it! :yes:

I haven't posted any updates about the PSIV text, so here's one in comparison to what I've just discovered in PSI.

PSIV's text is encrypted in two text tables, PSI only has one, but also these Spell names, and the party Status screens etc. are graphical. I've run into a few entries I haven't been able to translate in PSIV, but with the text tables, I think PSIV is easier to change the text in than PSI!

Unfortunately, I don't see that there's any carryover between the two games. And the rom is something like 10 times larger for PSIV. Just a lot more data, and it doesn't appear to be in any particular order. I'll slog my way through it it all eventually. If that guy makes a PSIV editor, I promise to make some more hacks!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Divine Dragon » Wed Jul 25, '07, 7:20 am

The Komrade wrote:Unfortunately, I don't see that there's any carryover between the two games. And the rom is something like 10 times larger for PSIV. Just a lot more data, and it doesn't appear to be in any particular order. I'll slog my way through it it all eventually. If that guy makes a PSIV editor, I promise to make some more hacks!

Aaaah.. what a shame, and the on the latter, .. yay xD
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Jul 25, '07, 10:26 am

Ok, I've got all the textual stuff done, but I'm doing some sprite work. My file dump site has new pics, all vehicles this time, Screenshots 7-11: http://www.geocities.com/komradevladmir/

Opinions? :eyebrow:

Hordes of Nei is VERY close to a final patch.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Tsunami » Wed Jul 25, '07, 2:44 pm

The Komrade wrote:Tsunami, nah, that's not a spoiler, but what they exactly look like is. Yes, I changed their palettes, or they went shopping for new clothes. However you want to look at it! :P If I get good enough, I'll try and change their outfits in the scenes where they speak so that it's consistent.

Better safe than sorry, methinks. In case someone wanted it to be a surprise, you know? :O

At any rate, keep up the great work!
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Wed Jul 25, '07, 11:49 pm

The Komrade wrote:Thoul, since I have this site up now, would you rather just get the files yourself from there? It'd cut down on email traffic. :p

Sure. Our e-mail servers can probably use the vacation. :p
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Jul 26, '07, 1:08 am

Ok, Hordes of Nei should be FINISHED! There's a version where the name stays Noah and another where I changed his name to Lutz. Here are the other changes:

- New graphics for all five vehicles in the game!

- Some dialogue repair.

- Spell Names are now correct; in battle, Alis has Wind and Cure, Myau has Rise out of battle and Thun in battle.

Thoul, I forgot and emailed them to you. Old habits... are dying! It's also posted on my file dump.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Thu Jul 26, '07, 5:19 am

No problem. :) I've got them up here now, too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More