Fan art ideas?

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Re: Fan art ideas?

Postby Rune_Walsh » Sat Mar 20, '10, 3:25 am

MrKite wrote:
Atlinsmere wrote:
MrKite wrote:Alright! Can't wait! Make sure the pics are extra sexy!

Perv...

I want it the same too though so... yeah... >.>

*, I'm getting tired of everybody calling me a perv just because I like sexy girls and sexy pics. Do you think that's funny or something?

MrKite, don't take it personal; Atlin was joking with you. He's basically the comedian of the board! It's all meant in good humor.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat Mar 20, '10, 4:35 am

Thank you RW. It was a Joke Mr.Kite. Sorry if it didn't seem that way. Did you read the fine print btw? I would actually love to see those pics as well. So yeah... >.>
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Tanith » Sat Mar 20, '10, 10:50 am

Rune_Walsh wrote:Anyway, Kaloes' Gwyn sprite art has inspired me, so I'm going to do a "princessy" piece of Gwyn next. I'm brainstorming ideas so far... it has to have a "magical" feeling to it. I think I have an idea of how to sketch her form out, but clueless about the background... so... yeah... any advice would be welcome. ;)

Gwyn was interesting because of her precognition, so I think an ethereal or celestial background would fit her well. Something with the moons/satellites would be nice, too. The Layan women remind me of Artemis because of their bows.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Snorb » Sat Mar 20, '10, 1:53 pm

Yeah, Dahlia and Azura in the background behind Gwyn would be awesome!
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Srijita » Sat Mar 20, '10, 4:06 pm

Rune_Walsh wrote: MrKite, don't take it personal; Atlin was joking with you. He's basically the comedian of the board! It's all meant in good humor.

Quite. Besides which, if men didn't like sexy girls (and vice versa), our species would be doomed to extinction.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Rune_Walsh » Sat Mar 20, '10, 4:22 pm

Srijita - word!

Tanith and Snorb: GREAT ideas. Ethereal is the perfect description I've been wanting! On that note, I somehow forgot about Gwyn's premonition dreams... d'oh!

Tanith wrote: The Layan women remind me of Artemis because of their bows.

Fascinating, and I think you've hit the nail on the head. While Artemis demanded the sacrifice of Iphigenia -- and I can't imagine any of Laya's followers doing the same -- and while she is essentially the defeminized, Myceanaean version reminicent of the pre-Myceanaean/Minoan ways, she was also worshipped by the stringently matriarchal Amazons. It makes sense that Laya herself is an alien version of Artemis.

In any event, the religious views and gender roles associated in Phantasy Star III would make a GREAT conversational topic...
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby MrKite » Sun Mar 21, '10, 6:51 am

Rune_Walsh wrote:
MrKite wrote:
Atlinsmere wrote:

Perv...

I want it the same too though so... yeah... >.>

*, I'm getting tired of everybody calling me a perv just because I like sexy girls and sexy pics. Do you think that's funny or something?

Sorry. How was I to know? It's not like he said it to me in person or anything.

MrKite, don't take it personal; Atlin was joking with you. He's basically the comedian of the board! It's all meant in good humor.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Rune_Walsh » Sun Mar 21, '10, 7:24 am

MrKite wrote:
Sorry. How was I to know? It's not like he said it to me in person or anything.

No worries! It's cool. :wink:

Okay, Snorb and Tanith - I took your advice and am just about finished with the background; I added Dahlia and Azure for that ethereal effect, and boy, is it sci-fi! Thanks so much, you two! :grouphug:

Now, it's a matter of drawing out and adding Gwyn. I must say, I'm surprised Kaloes hasn't responded to this topic.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Tanith » Sun Mar 21, '10, 3:47 pm

I can't wait to see it, RW! :hyper:

Rune_Walsh wrote:In any event, the religious views and gender roles associated in Phantasy Star III would make a GREAT conversational topic...

Absolutely, and I was thinking about starting a similar topic the other day and never got around to it. If I finally conquer Mt. Laundry today I may come back and start a PSIII thread.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Rune_Walsh » Sun Mar 21, '10, 10:37 pm

Tanith wrote:I can't wait to see it, RW! :hyper:

Thanks! It's almost done! I'm finishing up Gwyn now. It didn't take me very long to do this one, surprisingly. Boys, prepare yourselves, because I made Gwyn quite... um, nevermind. You'll just have to see.

Tanith wrote:Absolutely, and I was thinking about starting a similar topic the other day and never got around to it. If I finally conquer Mt. Laundry today I may come back and start a PSIII thread.

Oh, I can't wait for this one! :hyper: :yes:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Previous

Return to Artwork