Fallen Planet (Weird PS Fan Game)

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Fallen Planet (Weird PS Fan Game)

Postby myau56 » Fri Jan 13, '12, 8:53 pm

Yes, Palma destroyed is so sad... :( Even with the explanation of the satellite, it's hard to bear. But I ask myself the same question : how a satellite can reduce an entire planet to ashes ? Truly a real huge satellite !

Cool for the "spoil attitude" ! I will try this game soon and hope to discover it all by myself.
Ah and many thanks for the pscave link ! I'll note it and iinstall it with the patch : too many monster encounters is such a pain in the .. you know what !!^^
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Fogeltje » Sat Jan 14, '12, 10:33 am

Take notice, the patch version is about 800 MB since the annoying midi sounds were replaced as well. I downloaded it at uni on my portable HDD yesterday...and guess what. I left it there...for the first time. I hope it's still there monday.

I'll just redownload the patch version here since I initially thought it was a slow download link but it wasn't.

How the satellite became powerful enough is explained, but I leave that up to you to find out :)
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby myau56 » Sat Jan 14, '12, 4:31 pm

Hope for you it is still there in two days ! 800 MB ? huge !
Ok no spoil thanks ! Bu t I already know that the satellite is becoming powerful ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Fogeltje » Sat Jan 14, '12, 9:40 pm

I hope so to, a friend of mine went looking for it today, it wasn't there and the security guys didn't have anything brought to them either. It's still possible it was brought to a librarian and that they have locked it away, they weren't there today. So I'll ask Monday.

I've started playing the evil side on the patch. Again with cheats, I just want to play through it and do the things I haven't done in the first play through. I can really really recommend the patch. The reduced monster encounter rate is nice.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby myau56 » Sun Jan 15, '12, 10:15 am

Aie...:( Hope the librarian have it...
You can play the evil side on the patch ? Good idea. Really need to try it soon ...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Fogeltje » Sun Jan 15, '12, 11:57 am

Yes, that was one of the two points of interest that made me download this game in the first place. The first one was that we get to visit Palma again, even though I know a spoiler event was going to happen at the end. The second point was the fact that's it's a non-linear story. You can either be an a-hole or the good guy. My first play through I played the good guy. Now I'm on the evil part. The stories differ in certain parts of the game, but the eventual outcome will be the same (as there was no choice on this matter, PSII already specified what was going to happen in the end, the game just presents different paths to get there).
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby myau56 » Sun Jan 15, '12, 2:48 pm

Visiting Palma again : what a dream...something I dreamed of often but...

The RPG that aren't linear or that are non-linear are not so usual...a-hole ? I don't understand ! lol ;) (don't worry I'm ok I understand and it's better because with all the words it's a breaking of the rules of this board : you can either be the good or the bad (or the ugly ? ;) ).
Different paths is a good thing.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Fogeltje » Sun Jan 15, '12, 5:35 pm

Mostly it's a lot of fun. There's several smaller decisions you have to make in which you can make a good guy or bad guy decision. They don't have a huge impact but are funny. I think I can mention one without spoiling the game really. At one bar you are offered a dance by a woman and you dance the whole night. Once you are done she mentions she really wants her boyfriend now and prepares to leave. You can either just walk away or yell at her. But you can punch her in the face, hehe :dog_laugh:
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby myau56 » Sun Jan 15, '12, 9:43 pm

Ah yeah ! Good example : really need to try it !!!! In a game, it doesn't bother me to be the ugly (as I'm not in real life...I swear it ! ;))
But...a good punch in the face...lol
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Fogeltje » Mon Jan 16, '12, 8:23 am

If you punch her, she'll collapse into a heap of misery and then it says "You spit on her before you rob her" LOL. You even get good stuff out of it, 10 Mandarin Cola. I don't recall what they do but you have a few types of Cola in the game and they all give the user permanent stat points. Like Odin Cola gives +3 strength (or attack, not sure what it is called) to the characters who uses it, Myau Cola gives agility and Noah Cola gives something that has to do with magic.

And guess what was sitting all lonely on a uni computer, waiting for me this morning :)
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More