Fall/Autumn season

Celebrating all those special times in each year.

Re: Fall/Autumn season

Postby Aeroprism » Tue Sep 23, '14, 2:37 am

Summer = hot, burning, evil.

Autumn = cool, crisp and colorful. It's by far, far my favorite season and it's too short...
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Sep 23, '14, 1:06 pm

New England falls are the best, and even in in the heart of Boston, you can see plenty of color since there's plenty of inner city green space. I work in the area surrounding the Emerald Necklace (which is between Fenway Park and the Longwood Medical Area, and surrounds the Muddy River) and I'm already seeing colors there when I take mid-day walks.

On the other hand, flu season approaches, and Boston has pretty nasty flu outbreaks the past two years. I got notified by e-mail yesterday that Harvard is starting up its annual flu clinics in all four of its major health services centers, located in Harvard Square, the Law School, the Business School and the Longwood area. I have an appointment with my doctor today in Longwood, and I bet I will be getting the flu shot for this season.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Tue Sep 23, '14, 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Icecypher » Tue Sep 23, '14, 4:46 pm

Where I live (Aguascalientes, Mexico), we have a warmer weather, so my favorite season is winter, which I think would be mostly equivalent to what you have as autumn.

Some people here complain about the cold, but it is just right for me (not really cold at all, these guys would die if they experienced a real winter, I guess, and perhaps so would I).
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 63

Postby Aeroprism » Tue Sep 23, '14, 6:54 pm

My complain threshold is -30C. Lower than that, I complain but only if I need to go out for work.

If I go out for recreation, I dress accordingly and I have yet to see enough cold to bother me.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Sep 23, '15, 9:07 am

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 and the first day of Fall/Autumn season begins!

It has been a hot summer, although I personally hate to see Summer go, but cooler weather is a much welcome change. Only problem I have with Fall is that it just doesn't last long enough and we are too soon into the winter weather. Oh well, we will enjoy the cooler temps while we have them.

And most fascinating of all is the changing of the colors of the leaves/trees this time of year. It is absolutely beautiful to watch. This is one of the best parts of the Fall season and so majestical to watch and enjoy nature during this time!

Happy Fall/Autumn everyone! :)
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Sep 23, '15, 2:03 pm

Already seeing some color changes in Harvard Yard, around the Emerald Necklace and just generally around. It has been way too hot this summer and I'm not sorry to see it go. Since Boston is such a student heavy city, the city is actually quieter in summer compared to the rest of the year (tourists notwithstanding). Sure, last winter (particularly February) is a fresh memory, but in the end the seasons change whether we like it or not, and I find it healthier to accept it and enjoy the change than get bummed out by it.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Wed Sep 23, '15, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Sep 22, '16, 1:14 am

Today was the last full day of summer in the USA and tomorrow, Thursday, September 22, 2016 is when the Fall / Autumn season begins!

Kind of sad to see Summer go as I love the warmer temps (although it has been extremely warm this summer and I don't like it too hot) but am looking forward to the cool days of Autumn as well.

What does everyone here prefer, summer or autumn/fall season?

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Sep 22, '16, 10:09 pm

Autumn. I really do wish that Boston would stop deluding itself into thinking that having AC on full blast everywhere all the time will somehow stop autumn from arriving. It's here folks, today is the Autumnal Equinox. Deal with it.

Wolf Bird

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Sep 22, '17, 9:17 pm

Welcome to the first day of the 2017 Fall / Autumn season in the USA on today, Friday, September 22, 2017! Farewell to summer until next year. Although today is fairly warm here with temps in the high 80's, we are looking forward to cooler temps arriving before too long.

Enjoy your Fall / Autumn wherever you are!

And, just a reminder, but now that Fall is here, there are only a few weeks until the holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) arrive! Wow, where did the year go?

Silver_Surfer1

Postby myau56 » Sun Sep 24, '17, 2:49 pm

Fal(l) ? A tie to Phantasy Star IV ? :rofl:
Joke end...^^
Enjoy fall to everyone ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master