Expensive old games

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Re: Expensive old games

Postby GhostVoices » Fri Jun 26, '09, 5:35 pm

Darkil wrote:It's not uncommon for Panzer Dragoon Saga[for the Saturn] and Dracula X[for the Turbo Duo/Turbo CD] to start around $150. I usually shy away from those when I see them so I can't say if it's reached that $400 mark. I'm thankful I picked up PDS when I did, lol

I believe that Panzer Dragoon Saga had some obscenely low quanity printed for the U.S...like 500 copies or 1000 copies? I forget the exact number, but I was fortunate enough to get a copy when it first came out, and even then it was only because I was determined to get one.
http://astralvoidrecords.blogspot.com For the best in Music,Games,Movies, Books, and more!
GhostVoices
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 8

Postby Tweeg » Mon Jun 29, '09, 2:36 am

Just spotted this one on Ebay. $499.98 + $4 S&H For a suposedly "factory sealed" copy of Phantasy Star II. I say supposedly because somethings looks very off in the pictures.

Oh, and the final three Saturn games each had a limited run of only 10,000 copies. Those games were Panzer Dragoon Saga, The House of the Dead, and I'm not positive on the third title but I believe it was Magicknight Rayearth.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Thoul » Mon Jun 29, '09, 3:14 am

Huh, I always thought the PSII hint book was inside the clamshell with the manual and game. I guess it is a little thick to be in there though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Darkil » Mon Jun 29, '09, 7:28 pm

I'm surprised it didn't come with the game. When I purchased mine used at a game store I'm pretty sure it came with it [but I don't remember for a fact]. Maybe Sega ran a promotion where it did come with a limited number of games and the rest were sold as is.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Tweeg » Tue Jun 30, '09, 2:46 am

Yes, all copies of PSII originally included the "Hint Book". And yes, they were packaged on the outside. But things I was noting in paticular with that copy is that, for one, the cellophane self destructs with age which makes me believe it has at the very least been resealed. Secondly, as evedence to that theory, the hang tab is being folded over by the cellophane shrink wrap. Hang tabs were typically not folded over like that, and even so that's technically proof that game has been resealed as the stress from that hang tab pushing against the cellophane for the last 17 or so years you have certainly caused damage to the cellophane by now.

But, at the end of the day my theory is my own, and I dare not to waste $500 to prove said theory.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Thoul » Tue Jun 30, '09, 2:56 am

Yeah, any time an auction looks even the slightest bit fishy, it's a good idea to steer clear of it. There are a lot of people on eBay that will pull any kind of scam they can find.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Previous

Return to Retro Roundup