Evo 2014 Game Line Up Revealed

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: Evo 2014 Game Line Up Revealed

Postby Shen-FN-Woo » Fri Feb 14, '14, 4:07 pm

VistaBlade wrote:Shen-FN-Woo: I think that footsies are similar to "neutral game". In that they are basic gameplay fundamentals that the Fighting Game Community has labeled, in order to further convolute the terminology. I think what it boils down to is that they are trying to label a certain "state of mind" when they play, and it's stuff like this that makes it seem complex.

What I was getting at with that definition is, there is totally another word that could better fit that description, while also remaining intuitive to newcomers.

Learning the terminology for fighting games is another intimidating aspect because a lot of the terminology applies to only certain games or certain sets of games, and understanding it is helpful for high level play. Things like frame data, tech rolls, and option selects take time to really understand, but you are right in saying that most of this knowledge is not necessary. Plenty of players just play the game and don't care about the in depth aspects and end up doing fine.

I'm one of them :) I used to make top 5 in every GG tournament I went to. Had no idea what the crap an impossible dust was.
Shen-FN-Woo
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 24

Postby S4Blade » Fri Apr 4, '14, 4:38 pm

Source: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/apr/ ... sor-event/

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 has officially been added to the Evo 2014 lineup of games. It seems Namco Bandai sponsoring the event has allowed them to get the game added. MarkMan from Madcatz apparently did a lot of convincing to get the tournament organizers to include the game. It's great to see a 3D fighter in the lineup. Hats off to Namco Bandai and MarkMan for stepping up and making this possible. My interest in the tournament has gone up exponentially.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby myau56 » Fri Apr 4, '14, 9:32 pm

A Tekken game ? Beurkkk ! I don't like at all this serie BUT for those who are enjoying it why not ?

Is there someone here that likes the Tekken serie ? :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby S4Blade » Sat Apr 5, '14, 12:52 am

[quote="myau56":*]A Tekken game ? Beurkkk ! I don't like at all this serie BUT for those who are enjoying it why not ?

Is there someone here that likes the Tekken serie ? :)[/quote:*]

*Raises hand*

I like Tekken :)
Last edited by S4Blade on Sat Apr 5, '14, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Bragatyr » Sat Apr 5, '14, 2:30 am

I have always wanted to get into Tekken, but I never had a Playstation or any other compatible system growing up and I only got a chance to play the arcade version very briefly at a local skating rink, definitely had a lot of fun with it, though. I love fighting games, might have to check the games out at some point now. I saw some videos of Tekken Tag Tournament in tourney recently and it looked pretty fun. Lots of intricate footsies, speaking of fighting game terminology, ha ha.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Sat Apr 5, '14, 9:22 pm

I love fighting games ! But less now and... I've never liked Tekken ! I've tested it sometimes and no, defginitely, I can't have fun playing it, sorry :(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Previous

Return to General Gaming