Ever call a tip line?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Ever call a tip line?

Postby Neithird » Sun Oct 28, '07, 2:08 am

hugues' post in another thread reminded me of the tip lines a lot of game companies used to have. Nintendo, Sega, Konami, and several others all had phone numbers you could call for hints and advice on beating a game. Did you ever get stuck in a game and resort to calling one of these numbers?

I know I had to call once or twice, but I can't remember what games it was on for the life of me.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Tue Oct 30, '07, 10:20 pm

I remember calling Nintendo's a couple of times. When I first played Zelda: Link to the Past, I couldn't find a key in one dungeon. It turned out to be hidden in plain sight on top of a column.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Wed Oct 31, '07, 12:45 am

Can't say I've ever called a tip line. However, if I were stuck I used to ask my brother for help...only to have him say that it's been so long since he played the game that he doesn't remember anything! :o
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Nov 1, '07, 9:11 pm

Yes, I have called for help with some games. I remember with one game I got in a room and couldn't find a way out no matter how hard I tried, so I finally wound up calling for help. They gave the clue hint and it worked. I won't spill the beans in case anyone here may play the game and not want to know. :wink: :rofl:
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to General Gaming