Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ever call a tip line?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, '07, 2:08 am 
hugues' post in another thread reminded me of the tip lines a lot of game companies used to have. Nintendo, Sega, Konami, and several others all had phone numbers you could call for hints and advice on beating a game. Did you ever get stuck in a game and resort to calling one of these numbers?

I know I had to call once or twice, but I can't remember what games it was on for the life of me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, '07, 10:20 pm 
I remember calling Nintendo's a couple of times. When I first played Zelda: Link to the Past, I couldn't find a key in one dungeon. It turned out to be hidden in plain sight on top of a column.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, '07, 12:45 am 
Can't say I've ever called a tip line. However, if I were stuck I used to ask my brother for help...only to have him say that it's been so long since he played the game that he doesn't remember anything! :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 1, '07, 9:11 pm 
Yes, I have called for help with some games. I remember with one game I got in a room and couldn't find a way out no matter how hard I tried, so I finally wound up calling for help. They gave the clue hint and it worked. I won't spill the beans in case anyone here may play the game and not want to know. :wink: :rofl:

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]