Evangelion and F/SN Cameo Equipment in PSP2!!!

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

Evangelion and F/SN Cameo Equipment in PSP2!!!

Postby Tweeg » Fri Mar 19, '10, 8:55 pm

:faint: Was skimming the articles concerning Fanta soda and Pizza Hut being in PSP2, then saw this and at first, thought "hmm" and moved on. Then I realized I was still on the PSP2 site and clicked back.

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/about/ ... /20091016/

Auska and Rei's Plug Suit Costumes from the rebooted Evangelion movies as well as the Lance of Longinus!

Saber and Archer costumes and weapons from Fate/Stay Night!

Of course, knowing how both the first PSP and more recently PS0 both had licensed content cut from their U.S. releases I'm holding my breath on these awesome items making it into the version of PSP2 that we get. :misspeak:
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Re: Evangelion and F/SN Cameo Equipment in PSP2!!!

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Mar 19, '10, 9:36 pm

Awesome. I also saw Miku Hatsune, a Vocaloid 2 character. That's pretty sweet.

I too am now looking forward to this game. ^_^
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Lucas » Sat Mar 20, '10, 1:13 am

I read about Neon Genesis Evangelion cameos being in this game on psupedia.info one time. Also I know when SNK created KOF Maximum Impact 2 both Rei and Asuka’s plug suits and hairstyles were cosplay outfits for Leona.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby XXXG-00W0 WING-0 » Mon May 17, '10, 6:50 am

Is this EVER coming out in the west?
"I'm not an adult... I'M A MAN!!!" Major Ozma Lee--Macross Frontier

You know what not to do because Ceiling Cat is watching you...
XXXG-00W0 WING-0
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 17

Postby Thoul » Tue May 18, '10, 12:44 am

If it does, I think it will probably be later this year. The fall/winter season seems most likely. It took nearly a year for the first PS Portable to be released in the west. This one will probably take about the same time, which puts fall or early winter as about the right time.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby XXXG-00W0 WING-0 » Tue May 18, '10, 4:49 am

I hope so. I have the Japanese version already, but I'd gladly support the series by buying the English version as well. I'm also eagerly awaiting Valkyria Chronicles 2 for the PSP.
"I'm not an adult... I'M A MAN!!!" Major Ozma Lee--Macross Frontier

You know what not to do because Ceiling Cat is watching you...
XXXG-00W0 WING-0
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 17

Postby Tweeg » Wed Aug 18, '10, 5:28 am

It's sad when one randomly discovers news related to Sega's games, which apparently comes directly from a Sega representitive on a website that isn't run by Sega. But such is the case here, and this neas is apparently from as far back as June, June mind you! With the exception of the Fate/Stay Night items related article which is just from this past Friday... the 13th... a bad omen for the F/S N items. :P

So anyways, lots of the anime specific items I was pesemistic about likely getting cut out of the English language game release have been confirmed as remaing in the English version! Neon Genesis Evangelion's Lance of Longinus is confirmed as being in the English version, as are the Leek (vegetable/plant) weapons from some other anime series. And a Sega representitive has stated to the press that SoA is presently working to secure rights to keep all of the Fate/Stay Night content in the English release as well, though it's still up in the air as to whether or not the other compant will agree to allowing this <crosses fingers>.

Even more shocking, the same representitive has stated that they even attempted to get permission to keep the swim suit models pics from Japanese magazing Young Jump! in the game, but that the magazine declined permission. Gaming magazine related items from the Japanese version will remain in the Englich version, but will be renamed and physically altered to represent both American and European gaming magazines. O_O

Still no word on the Pizza Hut themed items. They may make the cut yet though.

All this information was skimmed from the four news articles below:
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/24/se ... ortable-2/
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/18/ph ... ming-mags/
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/16/ta ... 2-screens/
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/08/13/ar ... ortable-2/

The Fate/Stay Info is just from this past Friday though, so I'm very hopeful that they'll work out a deal with Werk/Type-Moon, or whatever company it is that currently holds the rights to F/S N, for the permission to keep those items i nthe game.

Thanks a lot for not keeping us informed Sega. Seriously, what does Sega use it's website for these days? And Sega Pass, what a joke that's become. I sign up for Sega Pass news on specific upcoming games and then... nothing, they really don't know how to send out a newsletter. They even have a Sega employee blog section that very rarely contains pertanent info such as all this news mined from Silicon Era. </rant>
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 18, '10, 7:50 am

Sega could do a much better job of promoting Phantasy Star, that's for sure. Their blog seems to be all about the new franchises or Sonic, with little care for the PS projects. It's kind of odd really, since some of the people who work on the blog are supposedly involved with PS Universe's online components.

I never bothered to register for Sega Pass. Sega's old press site almost never had any PS content, so I didn't expect Sega Pass to be any different. Sounds like I was right about that.

Even more shocking, the same representitive has stated that they even attempted to get permission to keep the swim suit models pics from Japanese magazing Young Jump! in the game, but that the magazine declined permission.

I remember reading somewhere, perhaps on Sega's blog, that those pictures are being replaced with the first and second place winners from that fan art competition held on the blog a while back.

Anyway, it's great to hear that some of those unusual items are getting to stay in the English version of the game. I really hate when different versions of a game have certain content available only in one region.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tweeg » Sat Aug 21, '10, 4:52 am

Yes, that's correct. The artwork of the 1st and 2nd place PS Art contest winners has replaced those bikini model posters. Seems more apprpriate to have PS artwork in the game than bikini models anyway... not that I'd complain about the bikini models if they had left them in. :wink:

Keeping my fingers crossed for the F/S N content to stay in. <wants to hunt for archers outfit... and Excalibur> :shiftyeyes:
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Return to Phantasy Star General