Evangelion 3.0 announced

Drawn or CGI, animated movies and shows fit well with the gaming crowd.

Evangelion 3.0 announced

Postby Lucas » Tue Aug 30, '11, 11:45 am

The third movie in the brilliant Evangelion remake series has been announced for a Fall 2012 release.

I'm a pretty big fan of the anime, so I’m rather happy about the news.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news ... -fall-2012

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Re: Evangelion 3.0 announced

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 31, '11, 11:53 pm

These movies must be doing very well to get a third sequel.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Sep 1, '11, 3:01 am

Yay, I'm very happy for you Lucas, and all other fans of this. A third movie sounds like the other two did very well indeed. Who knows where they will stop!!

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Lucas » Sat Sep 3, '11, 1:33 pm

Right from the first movie they planned it to be four parts. So after this one gets released the climax shall no doubt be in the works.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Lucas » Fri Sep 16, '11, 11:27 am

The new Japanese mini trailer for Evangelion 3.0: Quickening.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Tweeg » Mon Sep 19, '11, 3:15 am

Still need to get my hands on Evangelion 1.11. Ironically Wal*Mart had 2.22 for $13, but wanted $19.96 for 1.0. So needless to say I've not bothered to even take the shrinkwrap off of 2.22 yet.

THe entire remake had already been fully scripted and story boarded prior to the first movie going into production. This has been a big pain in the neck for the Japanese audiences as sequential anime movies produced in this manner are typically released to theaters one per six months. As Thoul so casually guessed though the anime studio waited to begin production of the second movie until getting in the box office and DVD sales figures of the first movie. Second movie went into production following that and the third was to begin production shortly thereafter but has been greatly delayed by the all of the disastors which plagued Japan earlier this year.

P.s. The eye patch really suits Auska Langley Suryo well.
Last edited by Tweeg on Mon Sep 19, '11, 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Aeroprism » Tue Jun 17, '14, 3:04 pm

Awesome remake so far.

1.11 was the bulk of the original series summed up in one movie.
2.22 was the series finale re-invented (Thank God) into something vastly more awesome than my greatest expectations.
3.33 was the follow up after the third impact, new contents that came after the original series, quite nice.
4.44 will be the finale, I can't wait for them to finish it.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby S4Blade » Tue Jun 17, '14, 11:31 pm

I stopped paying attention to the anime industry a long time ago, so this is news to me.
This is my first time hearing about 3.33.

Well I'm a big Evangelion fan. I have the Platinum collection and the End of Evangelion and I have watched them several times.

I tried watching the 1.11 and the 2.22 and I wasn't able to get into them. I liked the much cleaner animation, but I felt like they left out way too much and changed more than they should have.

However, if you are telling me that 3.33 takes place after End of Evangelion, then I would buy that in a heartbeat. I'll be honest though. I'm not really sure how they could follow that up since the "situation" was rather bleak.

End of Evangelion was quite possibly one of the most messed up things I've ever seen in my life, but for some reason I find it fascinating.
Last edited by S4Blade on Tue Jun 17, '14, 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Aeroprism » Tue Jun 17, '14, 11:54 pm

2.22 changed the ending completely, for the best. Then again, it's all according to taste: I found that the original series ending was absolutely terrible and botched. Twenty something episodes of cranking up the pressure to end up with two loooooooong episodes of Shinji wondering: "What is life? Why did Misato not want to get happy with me? Why does my dad hate me? Are birds omnivores?" I have yet to meet someone who wasn't completely disappointed by the original ending.

The two attempts at fixing this with End of Eva and the other one were also terribly disappointing to me. The scene with everyone devolving into protoplasm and Rei growing into a towering high 13 years old before ... uh, actually I don't even remember, what did she do again? Anyways. Random crazy stuff isn't what I was looking for.

In a nutshell, 1.11 and 2.22 are "More EVA, less Shinji pondering his lack of life and being emo" One of the producers said "It's the NGE that new fans can get into easily."

So yeah, 3.33 is the sequel of 2.22 (obviously) and has nothing to do with the series. Basically, it's "So the world ended, now what?" It's action packed, very much military oriented. It's fun, but not nearly as fun as 2.22 so if you didn't like the two first, I wouldn't put my money on this one.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby S4Blade » Wed Jun 18, '14, 11:46 pm

I'm still skeptical about this. It seems like I'm seeing just as much negative feedback for 3.33 as positive feedback.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Next

Return to Awesome Animation