Speed Run

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

Speed Run

Postby hugues » Thu Nov 22, '07, 2:51 pm

Don't know if anyone else is into video game speed runs, I know it sounds nerdy but I actually like watching them more than most TV show :oops:

Anyway, there was a PSO speed run posted earlier this week over at http://speeddemosarchive.com/news.html - it's the Gamecube version (but has "xbox" in the file name too for some reason) in 2:03 :blinky: - That's more than an hour shorter than the previous run. I'm downloading the DivX version right now and will help seed it for a while.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Thoul » Fri Nov 23, '07, 5:16 am

Two hours? Wow, I wouldn't have thought that possible in PSO, but I often got lost in some of the dungeons and had to backtrack a fair bit. Very impressive that someone could complete it in such a short time.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 29, '07, 11:48 pm

Speed runs are better than most shows on TV. ;)

I think the Xbox version of PSO is the same as the Gamecube's so, that explains the name thing. 2:03 is really good for PSO. I guess you can cut out a lot of time once you have all the bosses down and know the maps well enough to avoid deadends.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Return to Phantasy Star General