How often do you play portable games?

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

How often do you play portable games?

Postby LordShibas » Fri Apr 3, '09, 1:56 pm

Portable games are pretty much all I've been playing these days. In fact, I have not played a console game yet this year. I've played a few PC games, otherwise it's been all DS/GBA and PSP. I ask this question just to see the responses.

There seems to be an upswing of posts about portable RPG gaming on the RPG boards and some of the "I only play console games, portables are stupid" gamers seem to be getting annoyed with it. I think it's kind of funny.

I don't usually leave my consoles hooked up when I'm not using them, so it's much easier to grab my DS or PSP and start playing it when I come home than to hook up a console and play games.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Re: How often do you play portable games?

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Apr 3, '09, 2:45 pm

I don't play any portable games, but that's not out of hate for them, I just don't have any portable systems. I'd love to get a DS someday, but I just don't have the money.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Fri Apr 3, '09, 3:41 pm

Not much, but in my case that's mostly a lack of portable games and not that much time to play anything. I've only got one DS game. Most of my GB or GBA games that I really enjoyed, finished quite some time ago.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tweeg » Thu Jun 11, '09, 3:49 am

Have been playing almost nothing but portable games this year. Still have a small stack of DS games I've yet to even start on. Portable gaming has simply become so convenient within these last two handheld generations. Especially have been enjoying the text-type adventure games, such as Phoenix Wright, on the DS immensely. My PSP was mostly ignored until getting PSP for it.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Lucas » Thu Jun 11, '09, 8:05 am

I don't really know I haven't played portable games as much as I used to play them when I was in my early high school years. Well ever since I got a PS2 and some decent games I've kind of steered away from portable games all together over the last few years. But I occasionally play Final Fantasy Tactics A2 on my DS sometimes though. Anyways I know when PS Zero gest itself to Australia I’ll be playing that and that’s for sure. :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Return to Tech and Design