End Bosses

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Postby Lucas » Wed Feb 4, '09, 12:50 am

Okie Dokie, Phobos rigas has to move now over because Yiamatz from FFXII killed me 32 times, broke every bone in my body, twisted and knotted me up ate me then regurgitated me and burnt me to ashes and the he smeared my ashes into nothingness with his vile foot. Well maybe I kinda over exaggerated :p

None the less a very, very, very, very hard Final Boss! :yes: Well actually he is an optional boss but also the last boss in the game as long as you beat Omega Mark XII first that is.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Celeith » Thu Feb 5, '09, 2:14 am

LordShibas wrote:I agree Schala Zeal. Dhaos from TOP was a joke. Once you cornered him there was nothing he could do. However, the easiest boss I can remember was the final boss in Children of Mana for DS. He was so easy that I can't even remember his name. I'd say I finished him off in under 20 seconds and I was not over leveled at all.

As for the hardest, I'd say Indalecio with the limiter off from Star Ocean the 2nd Story. I've never played this game, but Indalecio being incredibly hard is often mentioned when these topics arise. I've heard that even with your characters maxed out you have something like a 5% chance of beating him. Most of it boils down to luck.

Indalecio is one of the hardest I've come across, but I've beaten him with Claude by himself. I had a weird glitch one time where I was in Fun City and I did a PA, well when I left my characters never came out, and when I emerged on the world map all my people were gone. Even Rena. RENA!!! *cries* ahem.. anyways, instead of saving I decided ehh what the hell, and made a 3rd save and went with it. Well lets just say countless days passed but eventually I got lucky and Head Splittered Indalecio right in the back of the head for the win.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Re: End Bosses

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Sun Jun 21, '09, 6:44 am

Easiest and Worse boss ever was Lord Lucien from Fable II...so..very..dissappointing. Best boss ever? Hmn...Gotta love a battle against Ganon but Yami in Okami was pretty fun too for an ending boss.
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Jun 21, '09, 3:29 pm

Yami was fun, but I didn't find him as fun as some of the other bosses in Okami (I liked Orochi, the twin demons and Ninetails better). Plus, I couldn't help but feel a pang of disappointment that he was just a great big sphere for most of the battle.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Sun Jun 21, '09, 4:27 pm

I know. Orochi was fun wasn't it XD One of the Best battles Ever!! I couldn't believe that Yami was a fish. But it makes me wanna laugh each time I thought about it. I had to beat up a fish in a ball to save the world XD
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Jun 21, '09, 4:43 pm

Okay, I can't resist bringing up this one anymore...some people believe that Giygas, the ending boss in Earthbound, is actually a fetus that you have to abort. And this theory may hold some water (though not confirmed, most people say it's exactly what the game says it is), as if you look at the Devil's Machine before the fight starts and think about what it looks like and the general shape of Giygas after Pokey releases him...it just may be true and I really don't think it's fair to say it's outright false, as much in this game is whatever the player decides to make of it. This is a game that if you just take it at face value you're missing out on most of it, but as soon as you start digging and reading into things your brain might explode because some of it is just frightening and mind-warping.

Maybe aborting a fetus to save the universe...yeah...Earthbound...@_@
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Previous

Return to Tech and Design