ELVIS

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Aug 18, '07, 4:54 pm

Divine Dragon wrote:Elvis was never allowed to travel over to Britain, because his agent was an illegal immigrant so wouldn't be allowed back into America if he left..

But anyway, in my opinion, he isn't all that great.

I think all great artists write their own songs, which Elvis did not.

Interesting opinions, DD!

Yes, the agent, or manger, seems to have a very interesting background, to say the least. With all the influence and contacts Elvis and his manger had in many different areas (political, financial, etc.), it seems that a problem with immigration, or whatever, could have been easily taken care of or dealt with to some extent, if so desired.

I saw a clip of Elvis in an interview once and someone asked him something about if he had ever performed overseas and he said no, but that he would like to very much. He was stationed in Germany when he served in The Army, so he had been overseas at one time. I have a feeling that if he had lived longer, perhaps he might have been able to do some concerts somewhere over there at some point and time also. Elvis has many fans and fan clubs all over the world.

There are many talented entertainers who can write and perform their own songs, but many very talented and famous singers did not write their own songs (Frank Sinatra, etc.). There are also many talented songwriters who relied on other entertainers (such as Elvis) to help make their compositions a success, for some reason or other, (possibly they were not too good at performing their own compositions or maybe they just didn't want to.)

Elvis was an entertainer in many different areas (records, films, concerts, etc.) who loved performing in front of an audience, and was very successful at it all.

-
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Aug 18, '07, 4:59 pm

Snorb wrote:
His twin brother died at birth- the brother we all know and love is Elvis Aaron Presley. The twin brother? Aaron Elvis Presley.

Snorb, the twin brother was named "Jessie Garon Presley", I believe.
Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Aug 19, '07, 2:13 am

Another Elvis Note: One of Elvis' favorite snacks was a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich.
Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Aug 19, '07, 6:44 pm

Another Elvis Note: Elvis starred in over 30 films as an actor.
Silver_Surfer1

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Aug 20, '07, 12:06 am

I never liked his music. Interestingly, I just endured a week and a half of Guitar Hero II with the avatar being the Elvis guy that commits indecent acts on his guitar when Star Power is activated.... :P
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Aug 20, '07, 7:38 pm

Elvis is so well-known, very popular and famous, even today, 30 years after his death, that almost anyone can find something about him almost anywhere one chooses to look. :yes:

Another Elvis Note: Elvis has sold over a billion records worldwide, more than any other musical singer or group.

:whistle:
Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Oct 30, '07, 6:16 pm

Elvis has reclaimed the top spot on this years list of the top earning "dead" celebrities!

Elvis has been at the top of the list for several years, until last year when Kurt Cobain was No. 1. This year Kurt Cobain did not even make the list.

The top five earning dead celebrities were:

1. Elvis
2. John Lennon (Beatles)
3. Charles Schultz (Peanuts characters fame)
4. George Harrison (Beatles)
5. Albert Einstein (Scientist)

Here's a link to read more:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/In ... ities.aspx
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Nov 2, '07, 8:36 pm

Another Elvis note or story in the news today.

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx ... 8&GT1=7702

So, does anyone else think Elvis is still alive? Or did you feel that way once upon a time years ago and have now changed your mind? Or did you always think he was really dead?

One thing is for certain, alive or dead, Elvis seems to always wind up in the news or somewhere.

By the way has anyone seen the Elvis advertising relating to the candy bar - I think it is Hershey's Reeses candy?
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 3, '07, 9:26 pm

I think he's dead. Even if he wasn't then, it's been thirty years. By now, he's probably dead anyway.

I've see the Reeses advertising in passing, but I didn't take much notice of it.

And by the way, congratulations Secret_Surfer! That was our 6,000th post! :D
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Sun Nov 4, '07, 12:54 am

I always thought he died when they said. If it was a lie, someone would have been able to prove that by now. It would destroy his reputation if he turned up alive, too.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

PreviousNext

Return to Tootin' Tunes