My tribute to Nei

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

My tribute to Nei

Postby Lucas » Wed Jan 14, '09, 5:01 am

Okay this is the first Phantasy Star graphic I have created this year. It’s a little too big to be a banner but anyways. I know a few of you guys here found the loss of Alys to be more emotional and tend to leave Nei left in the dark but in the end its entirely your opinion. But I decided to create this tribute image to address just how hard poor little Nei had it. I wanted this graphic to be quite touching to; it took me a fare while to think of what I would write on it. I also want to remind you that Alys had a lot of control over her life in they way she lived it and interacted with people and her enemies. Nei on the other hand was rejected from society and she was very lucky that Rolf accepted her into his life. However she only felt the love of life for a short time, you could say that Nei was basically born to die. I hope you all like to this banner and I hope it makes you respect Nei just that little bit more too. Anyways here it is:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Lemina » Wed Jan 14, '09, 12:15 pm

Oh it's cute~ I like it! I really like the wording on the bottom of it--It tells it like it is. You probably shouldn't have used yellow for the banner though. Yellow usually connotes happier times, so it's probably a little too cheery for this sort of thing. Overall, it's good~

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Schala Zeal » Wed Jan 14, '09, 2:00 pm

Ah, Nei. She was probably one of my favorite characters in the whole series. The words on your banner suit her well; her story was a sad one indeed. Nice work! ^^
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Jan 14, '09, 2:52 pm

I think it's very good, but I do agree with Lemina on the choice of yellow. Maybe a dark red would work better?
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Darkil » Wed Jan 14, '09, 6:02 pm

This is AWESOME Lucas! I absolutely love the way the photos have been laid out as well as the eulogy you left at the bottom. Although I felt a large amount of pain with Alys dying, I cried just as much as with Nei so I can relate to what you felt with your words on the photo. Again kudos on such awesome work!
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lucas » Thu Jan 15, '09, 12:59 am

Thanks everybody. I was originally going to go with a darker background colour but I only chose yellow because I thought it went well with all the purple Nei has. But I'm glad you all like it. :D

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Natasha » Thu Jan 15, '09, 7:28 am

Well Done! :clap:
Natasha
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 6

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Jan 15, '09, 3:37 pm

Lucas wrote:Thanks everybody. I was originally going to go with a darker background colour but I only chose yellow because I thought it went well with all the purple Nei has.:D

Those two colors do go well together, I agree there, but the yellow just doesn't fit the message for the banner as a whole, I think. Regardless of that though, it is still good, make no mistake.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Tsunami » Sun Feb 1, '09, 8:56 am

Beautiful message, Lucas. Very suiting for Nei's life, and in a way I felt her story is one of the most tragic in the PS series...

I do agree with the background, as yellow is a warm color and, as Lemina stated, it would be thought of as a rather cheerful color. Perhaps a dark, cold color in contrast may work. ^_^
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Re: My tribute to Nei

Postby tilinelson2 » Wed Mar 7, '12, 3:31 pm

Well, I'm glad you have linked this piece in your review of my latest fic because it is such a beautiful homage to Nei. The collage is beautiful and the words touching. Great job, Lucas.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Next

Return to Artwork