Student suspended buying Skittles candy

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Student suspended buying Skittles candy

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Mar 13, '08, 11:57 pm

Saw this report on Fox news today where they talked to the boy (who had been suspended from school for buying a pack of Skittles candy) and to his Mom.

This is unreal. I don't know what all the hassle was about. I mean it's not like he was buying drugs or something - this was just CANDY!

Atleast it sounds like they got the whole mess straighted out.

Are schools really this strick these days? I can remember when they wanted us to buy candy at the school commisary. Oh well....! :?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/13/skittl ... cnn_latest
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Fri Mar 14, '08, 4:03 am

They had vending machines when I was in middle and high school. :? I don't see what the fuss is about, really... Nuts, in any case.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Mar 14, '08, 6:22 am

lol, My school would probably do that. The people here are all loony. XD Like just the other day, we are supposed to get out early because the quarter ends, so to make up for lost time they make students come earlier. What kind of early release is that?! XDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 14, '08, 4:01 pm

:yes: Seems pointless to me. I can understand that they want to promote kids having a good diet, but it sounds like they went overboard here. Apparently, the candy wasn't even against any written rule. I suppose they're just upset because kids were buying and selling to each other.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby snowdragon » Fri Mar 14, '08, 7:34 pm

they should be glad he was only buying something innocent like candy and that he wasn't buying drugs. then they would have really had a problem.
A Knight is sworn to valor,
his heart knows only virtue,
his blade defends the helpless,
his might upholds the weak,
his word speaks only truth,
his wrath undoes the wicked

(The Old Code - Dragonheart )
snowdragon
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 130

Return to Delectable Delicacies