28 Game Movies in the Works

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

28 Game Movies in the Works

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 18, '08, 6:14 pm

Here is a list of almost thirty movies based on video games that are in development: the list of movies. Are there any movies on this list you're looking forward to seeing? Any that you think will be big bombs to avoid?

I'd like to see that Mortal Kombat movie, especially if Christopher Lambert reprises his role. Castlevania and Street Fighter might be good. I can't believe they're planning a Joust movie, though. That one is a little bit late, don't you think?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 18, '08, 6:35 pm

Mortal Kombat, definetely!!! I don't know why they say they think Christopher Lambert may be too old for the part - I certainly don't think so, and the movie wouldn't be the same without him.

Street Fighter might be interesting also. I don't much like the girl in it who plays Lana Lang on "Smallville", but she might be okay in this one.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Dec 18, '08, 7:00 pm

I can say I'm looking foward to the Spyro one...assuming it is done by a studio that has a history of good computer animation and I think Dreamworks could probably do it. Either them or Pixar. A Metal Gear movie, cast right, could be very good. I can trust in that director with that type of film (Equilibrium was awesome) and if Kojima will have a say, that will help immensely.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat Dec 20, '08, 7:04 am

I suppose I am looking forward to a few of them.

Mortal Kombat - The first one was great and the second one was okay, I just hope they can do a better job than 2. They introduced way too many characters in the second.

Castlevania - I only played one of them video games (way back on the Sega Genesis, forget which one) and I can say I am a fan of the Castlevania. I think it would be interestong to see.

Street Fighter - I remember seeing the other movie which was kind of horrible in a way but interesting to watch none-the-less. I jut hope they do a better job than the other one.

The Legend of Spyro - I wouldn't mind seeing this. I was a fan of the first three games (Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Riptos Rage, Spyro Year of the Dragon) and would like to see how they do this. I also think that if Dreamworks does it, there is a chance that they will do a fantastic job. Well, we can only wait and see.

Bioshock - For the demo I played of this game, I think it would be sweet to see how they did this. I have to say taht the director and writer of this movie are both good IMO and I liked there works.

The only other movie I feel I must mention on is Resident Evil 4. The first and second movie were both great, however, the third movie kind of killed it for me. What I want to see are live action movies based off the storylines of the videogame franchise.

Well, there is my small list. Also I knew Halo was going to become a movie back in 2005-2006. Guess you could say I have my sources..
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Lucas » Sat Dec 20, '08, 8:39 am

Street Fighter definitly. I just hope they don't stuff up this one like the did with 1994 one. That was a very poorly done movie. I usually stick to the Street Fighter anime movies because they are much better. But I have high hopes for this one. :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Celeith » Sat Dec 20, '08, 8:07 pm

I want the Castlevania one to come out first, the series is great and I'd love to see if they either used Trevor Belmont or Simon Belmont against Dracula on the big screen. The Onimusha one should be brought back into production, considering Takeshi Kaneshiro did a excellent job in the games.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Return to Feature Films