Eddie Murphy new Riddler ?

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Eddie Murphy new Riddler ?

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 18, '08, 4:05 am

Well, I thought I had read an article where they were going to go slow in doing the next "Batman" movie, but evidently, they have already begun thinking on it.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... 048300.ece

What do you think of this, and the possible selection of actor Eddie Murphy as "The Riddler"?

What do you think of the other actors picked to play Robin and Catwoman?

Will this be another hit for the Batman franchise or a slow death???

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 18, '08, 4:28 am

I wouldn't put much stock in that article, mainly because of the Robin part. The director, Chris Nolan, and Batman actor, Christian Bale, have both said several times that they wouldn't do a movie with Robin in it. They don't believe that the brightly colored sidekick will fit in with their dark, realistic take on Batman and Gotham City.

Eddie Murphy might make a decent Riddler, but I doubt he's really been asked to do it.

Now Rachel Weisz for Catwoman, that would be a decent bit of casting.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 18, '08, 6:42 am

I hope you are right about Murphy as the Riddler, Thoul. I have heard they wanted Johnny Depp for the part and it would be awesome to see him in a Batman movie.

I don't care much one way or the other about whether they have a Robin or not, but Catwoman is something I would really like to see in a movie again.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Dec 18, '08, 9:23 am

I don't agree with Eddie Murphy as The Riddler. It just wouldn't be right. Johnny Depp however would play the wole fantastically. Also, Robin shouldn't be in it IMO. As far as I see it, he wouldn't be able to live up to my expectations. Unless, they use the girl Robin instead of the boy one. That might be an interesting twist.

Rachel Weisz as Catwoman though would be good. I think it would be interesting to see her act this part.

Also, I would really like to see how they would bring Catwoman and The Riddler together if they make a movie with these two in it. It certainly would be interesting. Though, sticking these two together may be a bad idea. Well, we can only wait and see what the future holds for us right?
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 18, '08, 3:33 pm

I'd rather see a Johnny Depp Riddler too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 18, '08, 5:49 pm

I've been thinking about this some over night and now I'm worried. :worried:

Okay, suppose this is all just a big rumor and not true about Murphy being chosen to play the Riddler. Fine with me. But, will there be pressure now from some groups or whomever to actually get him the role anyway????? Or what if Murphy is turned down, will there be some kind of resentment or backlash against the movie, etc.???? Maybe I'm just a worry wart or something.

Let's face it, this role could be a big casting coup, even a possible contender for an Oscar (like Heath Ledger's role as The Joker, etc.). Anyone would be crazy not to want to play it.

I don't know what to think now. :sigh:

Opinions or Comments ?????????????

Silver_Surfer1

Return to Feature Films