Eat while gaming?

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Eat while gaming?

Postby Thoul » Wed Sep 9, '09, 4:58 pm

As a video gamer, do you keep something around to eat when you're playing? These days, especially with the RPGs so many of us here enjoy, cutscenes can be really long. Some clock in at over half an hour. That seems like a good time for a little snack, right?

Here's an article listing some snacks people like for this. I have to say I wouldn't let most of those anywhere near a controller or game system. I might give the popcorn a try sometime, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Eat while gaming?

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Sep 9, '09, 5:36 pm

I almost always have something to drink, but not always something to eat. Depends on what I'm playing, I guess.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Sep 10, '09, 3:32 am

I try not to have food any where near electrical equipment or game stuff of any kind. If I get hungry while playing, then I just take a break for a few minutes and get something to ea, then resume playing later after I finish eating, etc.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Lucas » Thu Sep 10, '09, 8:57 am

I never eat in my room. That's what the dinning room is for :p. Besides I'd never bring food or drink anywhere near my game consoles or other electronics to expensive and valuable to replace if they were to be damaged by food IMO.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Darkil » Fri Sep 11, '09, 1:36 pm

I usually bring something to drink, however my couch is far away from my electronics, plus it has a cup holder, that I have no need to worry about spilling any liquid's near my gaming stuff. Occasionally I'll eat something, but it has to be small enough because I need both hands to play, lol.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lemina » Fri Sep 11, '09, 4:02 pm

I don't usually eat while gaming, because I hate getting the controller greasy. Occasionally, I do cave though. I usually like eating things that don't require utensils, that way I have a hand free to press a button or two for whatever reason.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby PathfinderCS » Sat Oct 10, '09, 4:32 am

Lemina wrote:I don't usually eat while gaming, because I hate getting the controller greasy. Occasionally, I do cave though. I usually like eating things that don't require utensils, that way I have a hand free to press a button or two for whatever reason.

Ditto, for the most part, but like CW, it depends on the game. If it is story-based or has long cut scenes, then I will occasionally eat while gaming. On the other hand, if I am racing, then in most cases, no eating. I might drink something, but no eating.
"I'd say the sky's the limit!" - Spyro
PathfinderCS
Agent
Agent

Location: With the stars, sailing the blackness of the universe.
Achievements: 20

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun Oct 11, '09, 6:06 pm

The only time I'll really eat something is when I'm playing the Sims 2. :mrgreen: Other than that, not really, especially when playing games like Tekken 5 and Devil May Cry...both hands on the controller at all times.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Oct 12, '09, 5:46 pm

Lemina wrote:I don't usually eat while gaming, because I hate getting the controller greasy. Occasionally, I do cave though. I usually like eating things that don't require utensils, that way I have a hand free to press a button or two for whatever reason.

I'm a lot like this too. So I usually just get stuck eating licorice or something to the similar. And if I do eat something greasy, I usually have a towel or I used my pants to wipe my hands on before grabbing the controller again.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Return to Delectable Delicacies